Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
As the title says I plan on installing 16” ape hangers on my Vulcan 1500. I know where to get the apes and the cable kit. I’m looking for directions for the whole process. The link provided on this post is not working
Installing Ape Hangers

As far as i know the process goes somewhat like this (after measuring and confirming that cable lenghts fit)
1) remove switch housings on both L & R handlebars, disconnect throttle& clutch cables, disconnect brake cable, brake reservoir, clutch reservoir, remove grips, remove stock handlebar
2) strip electrical wires and cut, extend (solder)
3) install everything: route electrical wires internally, install throttle/clutch cables, brake/clutch reservoirs, switch housings
4) test all connections

Questions I have so far:
1) where does the electrical wires from handlebars connect to? (is it at the junction box below the seat? so do i have to remove gas tank?)
2) what gauge electrical wire do I need to extended the electrical connections?
3) do I need to bleed the front brake after reinstall brake cable?
4) currently the stock handlebar has a 6” risers, do you recommend shorter risers?
3) any other tips/advice?

Thank you

·
Registered
569 Posts
Get rid of those tall risers, put stock risers back on,....can probably find someone here that will trade you....brake and clutch hoses can be had from galfer. 16" are quite tall....but to each their own....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts