Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My ebay trunk and luggage rack both got to my house last night so I put it together and installed them in the dark last night lol. I think I was completely finished around 12:30 and went straight to bed. Finally got a good look at it in the sunlight today at lunch. Doesn't look half bad for cheap ebay trunk. It looks great from 5 feet or more away and it looks fine standing right in front of it but there are a few expected flaws for a cheap product. Check out the pics below.

Here is where I need some opinions please...

Initially I was going to replace my leather classic bags with hard harley style bags to match the trunk. But the more I look at it with the leather bags I think I actually like it. But im kind of torn in the middle. What do you all think? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have one very similar, installed by the PO. I like having the trunk to put my helmet in. Yours looks great!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one very similar, installed by the PO. I like having the trunk to put my helmet in. Yours looks great!
Thank you! Yeah I always stop on the way home from work to pick up food and other stuff so it was needed. Can't beat it for 40 bucks plus shipping. If it lasts for a year I'll be happy with it. Oh yeah having a lockable spot for the helmets is awesome too!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the same trunk, what a steal huh. The only problem I forsee and others have said too that the lock isn't the best but for the price can't beat it with a stick. I personally like the hard bags because I have another lockable space....

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I think it looks great,very usable ,that's what count,can't beat it for the money,I'm partial to hard Bags,think the harley bags would look Bad Azz on your bike

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like this....
Yeah Ronald... I have actually been using pics of your bike as my template hahaha. I hope you don't mind lol. At least mine is the exact opposite color. But yours looks awesome! I think I will go with the hard bags. I've found the ones you have and a slightly different set as well. They kind of have a swoop on the side of them instead of the flat line. Not sure which one I'll go with but probably ordering them and the brackets this week!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the same trunk and am very pleased with it. I also have the hard bags which I think are the best. Lockable, easy in and out. I used some abs cement and fiberglass material to strengthen the trunk. Made it less wobbly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Ronald, your exhaust is just on one side of the bike right? It appears that way. I just want to make sure those bags will clear without them being way up in the air.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Your right they are on one side, I have mine and inch or so off exhaust. The only thing is you will have to use spacers like I did to move the bag outwards a tad to miss the blinkers but other than that it's all good and I used the shock as a reference point for angle. The front of the bag is at the same angle as the shock and it's level with the exhaust at the same time. I used 1 inch poly spacers for the bags themselves and used 3/4 inch copper spacer for the rear only to compensate for the curve of the fender strut which kicks the rear out just enough to clear everything nicely...... thanks for the compliment so and use can use the bike as reference all you like, quite flattered to say the least.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
i may be biased because i have hard bags but i think if you have a trunk then you need hard bags. To me, a hard trunk and leather bags looks a little off

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I just stripped my bike down to solo status Wednesday to repaint my bags and trunk. Had them plastidipped white but a pita to keep clean, so I'm going with a gloss white so I can wash em with regular soap. Never ending project....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts