Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I installed a new clutch cable on my 04 en500c and adjusted for free play in cable but it’s still a pretty tough pull at the lever, also the lever doesn’t go back to perch if anyone knows how to fix that, the cable itself was very difficult to get connected at both ends, I ended up having to unscrew the bracket from the engine, connect it, then reattach the bracket

The cable just feels kinda sketchy I suppose? And like there’s more tension on the cable then what there really should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Lucros,

Check that the bushing inside the clutch lever is present. You'll have to remove the pivot bolt to get at it.

Also make sure that the cable is fully seated in the adjuster at the lever mount.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lucros,

Check that the bushing inside the clutch lever is present. You'll have to remove the pivot bolt to get at it.

Also make sure that the cable is fully seated in the adjuster at the lever mount.

Would it be okay if I PM’d you pictures tomorrow? Ill check for the bushing tomorrow, for now it still functions (seemingly) fine

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure. The clutch lever should be firm but smooth. If you have to force it or it grinds DON'T RIDE!!

It definitely feels like there’s a lot of tension on it, Idk if I would necessarily say that it has to be forced though

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's two places to adjust it as well, the bracket on the clutch, and the lever

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I tried at both and no matter what I did it was a super tight pull, after maybe a total 20 Miles started hearing, I guess you could describe it as a clicking sound, coming from the cable at the lever so I just disconnected it.

It was a motion pro cable that was supposedly an exact fit and maybe it is and I’m doing something wrong, but I know the thread at the clutch was a good bit longer on the original then on the replacement cable so I’m wondering if that’s what’s causing the problem, it’s like the cable is simultaneously too long and too short

(Here is the cable: https://www.partsgiant.com/p341676?f=111047 )

Here’s a picture of my bike, just cause lol, has a dent on both sides of the tank where the emblem is from the previous owner that I’d like to fill in or do something if you have any ideas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts