Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are some pictures now that I added the Mustang seat, saddlebags and supports, engine guard, and windshield. I love it.

Bike1.jpg

Bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Great Job Kray. It looks awesome. Let me attempt to spend some more of your hard earned $$$. Recently I've been taking longer rides as part of a riding club (300-400mi) in a day. I purchased the Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually Pegs for my highway bar. What a difference it makes. I have them adjusted such that my heels can rest on the floor boards and the balls of my feet rest on the pegs or I can strectch all the way out and put my feet on the pegs only.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Job Kray. It looks awesome. Let me attempt to spend some more of your hard earned $$$. Recently I've been taking longer rides as part of a riding club (300-400mi) in a day. I purchased the Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually Pegs for my highway bar. What a difference it makes. I have them adjusted such that my heels can rest on the floor boards and the balls of my feet rest on the pegs or I can strectch all the way out and put my feet on the pegs only.
lol, it is going to be a at least a few months before my wife will let me spend anymore on the bike, but those pegs and a sissybar/luggage rack are next on the list.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does the Mustang seat work out for you? I will be purchasing one from Dennis Kirk this winter, and I do mean winter here in NE Iowa. My 900LT is already put away till Spring. Be Safe !!!
I rode for about 5 hours today and it felt great. That seat is very comfortable and well worth the money.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Here's a photo of the Mustang (left) and stocker (right) side by side...

Obviously a much deeper pocket for the driver (backrest removed for photo)

And here's a close-up of the pillion seat portion:

My wife said it made a HUGE difference for her too, when we changed to the Mustang saddle. Not only is it wider in back, but the decorative rivets don't stick UP into your own seat like the OEM does. Not very comfortable to sit on the rivets like that, she says....

·
Registered
209 Posts
My wife said it made a HUGE difference for her too, when we changed to the Mustang saddle. Not only is it wider in back, but the decorative rivets don't stick UP into your own seat like the OEM does. Not very comfortable to sit on the rivets like that, she says....
I bet so, especially if the bike has been sitting in the hot sun for a few hours.
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts