Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed it and only got one inch drop. Not the two promised. I initially put it in the one inch setting and got no drop. Went to two inch setting and got one inch drop. I'm going by the seat height. Front already was dropped an inch. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Am a party pooper regarding lowering - at stock height I already occasionally scrape footboards on tight turns and corners. But whatever works for each owner . . .

·
Registered
170 Posts
Am a party pooper regarding lowering - at stock height I already occasionally scrape footboards on tight turns and corners. But whatever works for each owner . . .
No boards on the Custom and the forward position make them a little harder to scrape, but it still happens.l

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had floorboards on my last bike and occasionally scraped. I'm a slow poke. Not too concerned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I lowered my Yamaha 950 Tourer 2.5 inches in the rear and raised the front end 1 inch. No more dragging the floorboards and it handled great. I can't wait to get my my new to me 900 home.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you plan on lowering the 900, you do not have to remove the pipes. simply wedge a big screw driver beside the nut to keep it from turning. you'll see what i mean when you start researching it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey Gennaro, take a measurement from the upper lip of the rear rim to the bottom edge of the rear fender and post back results. Try and keep the tape/ruler vertical by placing the tape/ruler up against the bottom of the rear fender and then straight-line eyeball the upper edge of the lip of the rear rim.

Do this on the side stand, and measure the left side (same side as the side stand is on).

I have the Barons lowering kit on my Custom (set to 2" drop), and my measurement for the above is 2" (give or take a 16th).

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'll do that, but it may be a few days or more. I was attempting to put the front fork lowering kit in today and found the 'seat fork spring ' rusted and can't get them off. I'm going to drill them out and use a slide hammer tomorrow to remove them. Had to order new ones. What does yours measure? Oh ok. I reread it. yours is two inches.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got that measurement and it's right around 2 1/4 inches. Close enough. I installed the Baron's front fork kit today and their instructions say it lowers the front 1 1/2. My risers came today and I'll put them on tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts