Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a Cobra 2000R fuel processor a couple of weeks ago. Today I got around to installing it. The instructions that came with it for installation were spot on. I was most impressed with the fuel tank removal which I thought was going to be a real pia, but surprizingly turned out very easy. The most difficult part of the installation was probably disconnecting the wiring connectors. The only change I made, and might add to someone else installing this item, is not to mount it under the seat as the directions suggest, but rerout it to the tool box cover and mount it on the front side. This will make it easier to access for future adjustments vs removing the seat, and is still hidden under the side cover.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did you mount it ON the cover or inside the cover?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm still waiting for my FuelPak fuel processor. I ordered one and got a bad one that threw injector codes into the system. They're sending me another but it hasn't made it yet. Must be coming by mule train.............:(

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is mounted inside of the side cover, on the front side of the tool box cover. Does not interfer with the side cover or its removal.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not completely sure of what your question is, but the only purpose in purchasing this item was to eliminate the backfire created by the installation of aftermarket pipes. This it did.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not completely sure of what your question is, but the only purpose in purchasing this item was to eliminate the backfire created by the installation of aftermarket pipes. This it did.
What year is your bike and what type of pipes are you running. Which settings are you using and what type of air intake? I have a 08 LT with cobra longs and corba fuel processor and K&N air filter and still searching fir the right setting. Im getting close but would like to hear feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bike is an 08 Lt also. It is completely stock except for Roadhouse slip ons. There have been no air intake modifications. The processor was pre programmed from the factory for the addition of aftermarket pipes. I made no futher adjustments.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do you know off hand what the factory settings are. My processor was set at 3-5-0 out of the box from factory but that setting seems to be on the rich side. I get some black smoke out the exhaust at that setting and a smell of gas which means too much fuel. I just set it at 2-4-1 and will try it for a little while. Now have a K&N filter drop in, oem replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know that the instructions that came with mine stated that the third pot, (the one you set from 0 to 1), is strickly for wide open throttle and full modifications. In other words it should remain at 0 unless you have built your engine for racing. I am not sure what the settings were on mine but it smells rich when first starting up. There is no smoke. If I have time tomorrow, I will check and see what the settings are.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Im going to try putting the third pod back to zero. I tried 1 because I was told if you modify the air flow you should bump it up to 1 but not more than that. When your bike is warm, crank it up a little with short quick bursts of the throttle and see if you get a temporary puff of black exhaust. My bike didnt smoke at idle, only when I cranked it up a bit at the stock settings of 3-5-0 But now im at 2-4-1 and will try 2-4-0 so eventually ill find the one i like.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Leave the third pot at 0, the first pot is for low to medium throttle setting, second pot is for when you roll on the throttle wide open to put enough gas into the engine for acceleration. Adjust ONLY one pot at a time and do it in increments of 1/2 to 1 number at a time. Run it and give it a bit to get used to the new setting.

clockwise is richer counterclockwise is less rich

·
Registered
305 Posts
I set it back to factory settings also, 3-5-0 and it seems to be running well. This is where im going to leave it. Tried 2-4-1 3-5-1 and 3-5-0 and maybe one or two other settings and this setting seems the smoothest with the least amount of popping. Still get a little but heard you could never get rid of it 100% so 98% will do. Thanks for all the info guys.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Mac, plug the air hose on the back of the air cleaner housing with a marble. Stops air flow to the air valve and cylinders so no air can be injected into the cylinders causing popping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts