Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the cobra 2 headlight powdercoated for my 2009 se vulcan 900,,,,does anyone know what wires go where and the best way to hide them I guess i was under the impression that it would be a plug in deal but i guesed wrong.....They say to drill a hole in the middle of bracket for mounting which i understand but what wires go where I have two random wires with female connectors just sittin in the oem light than a three wire harness that plugs into the back of light,,,,What coors go where and can the other two be cut away....The three to the harness are rednyellow,red n black and black n yellow And i understand some people take the light apart to hide wires and some drill a hole in the back of the light thats just nuts and some hide the wires under the gas tank but I take it that would still requiure alot of extending and cutting wires which im lost in thaqt stuff Heres a pic of what I have...... Oh and do you know if the clump of wires i took out of the oem will or could be put in the cobra 2 headlight If not how do they expect you not to see the uglyness of wires showing ???? Im lost Help please Pics would be great!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I put the same headlight on my 9, the unit is self grounding , you only need to hook up the one wire. You do have to drill a hole to mount it, its easy. Also you can run the wires back under the tank or get some neck covers and powder coat them black to conceal all the wires.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reply to cobra 2 install

I put the same headlight on my 9, the unit is self grounding , you only need to hook up the one wire. You do have to drill a hole to mount it, its easy. Also you can run the wires back under the tank or get some neck covers and powder coat them black to conceal all the wires.
Could you please send pics of your install so i can see exactly what your talking about as far as the wiring and which wires do i cut and connect to the light ?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Could you please send pics of your install so i can see exactly what your talking about as far as the wiring and which wires do i cut and connect to the light ?
sorry i dont have any pics of the install, its pretty straight forward. If i remember correctly its just one or two wires. The turn signal wires are shoved in the headlight bucket , just pull them out and reroute them under the tank. If you showed me pics i could walk you through it.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
This presents a problem for your front fork bearings as the only way for the current to get back to the battery is through the bearings that support the fork. The current will act like a mini welding machine and cause the bearings and the races to pit thus shortening the life of both bearings. Run a ground wire from the bike frame to any bolt that screws into the triple tree and the problem is gone.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK am i jst changing a headlight or running into problems know All that current talk is nuts and the wires to be put under the tank require them to be longer to reach the turn signals and headlight Correct ????? Please take pic if you could cuz im lost

1 - 7 of 7 Posts