Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired a 2003 Vulcan 1600 Classic. Clutch was slipping under load, I quickly came to the conclusion it was likely the clutch spring. I figured since I was taking it apart to put a Barnett Spring in, mine as well swap the steels and clutch plates. Afterwards the clutch handle was so stiff I just about needed two hands to work it. Now...this thing has no slip now that’s for sure, but it’s unbearable. I know this Barnett is gonna be stiffer but this is not right. I also put a stock lever on because the guy before put sport bike shortys on. When I put the stock one on it didn’t have enough travel to disengage the clutch all the way. When I put the shortys back on it disengaged. Nothing about this makes sense to me. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Barnett spring is stiff, most people go with the Mean Streak spring for this reason. But yours does sound excessively stiff. This combined with the lever issue and the fact you had sport bike levers, makes me wonder if someone change out the clutch perch/master cylinder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No clue, master cylinder looks stick, I am going to rebuild it anyway, but I don’t think that’s the issue. About to tear it all back apart and measure the new plates against the old one and probably put the old clutch back in, i can’t think of what else to do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts