Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 Cafe ABS
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new exhaust for the KVS. When I came into work this morning, I found this sitting on my desk. Must of came in right after i left work for the weekend. I won't be able to install it until my gaskets come in. The quality is extremely good for a $167 all stainless steel exhaust system. (y) As soon as I install to make sure it all fits and sounds good, I'll post a video. I figured for the price, what I have to loose. I'll post a link once I install and test it.
Automotive lighting Automotive design Plastic bag Plastic Auto part

Reactions: BlueRibbonRM

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,508 Posts
Definitely can't go wrong for the price, thanks for taking the plunge and keeping us informed about how it works (y)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely can't go wrong for the price, thanks for taking the plunge and keeping us informed about how it works (y)
When i got home i took everything out the box just to see how things will line up. Man, i can't get over how nice everything looks. Welds are perfect. Muffler looks well built. It has a removable baffle on the rear. I did order another tunable baffle for the front of the muffle. I want to get the perfect back pressure so I don't loose performance. I also don't want it to be loud. I'm looking for a deeper tone. Kind of hate the Jetson spaceship sound. :mocking: Hopefully my exhaust gaskets get here before the weekend. I'm tempted to install it and reuse the existing gaskets. lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
When i got home i took everything out the box just to see how things will line up. Man, i can't get over how nice everything looks. Welds are perfect. Muffler looks well built. It has a removable baffle on the rear. I did order another tunable baffle for the front of the muffle. I want to get the perfect back pressure so I don't loose performance. I also don't want it to be loud. I'm looking for a deeper tone. Kind of hate the Jetson spaceship sound. :mocking: Hopefully my exhaust gaskets get here before the weekend. I'm tempted to install it and reuse the existing gaskets. lol
Looks Good. I hope it sounds good. Just wondering, does it have a connection for the o2 sensor? I hope it works well for you. Please let us know.(y):geek:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I literally just installed it and took a short ride. Damn it was cold 😆. Yes it has an O2 bung. It took me about half an hour to remove the stock exhaust and install the new one. Everything fits perfect. It's a tad louder than I like but has a nice deep tone. I do have another baffle coming in Saturday and that should tone it down just right. I had no decel pop whatsoever. Very happy. I did shoot a short video that I'll post up later after I post to YouTube. Here's a few pictures.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting
Hand Gas Household hardware Auto part Automotive tire
Automotive tire Sleeve Gesture Finger Wrist

·
Registered
184 Posts
I literally just installed it and took a short ride. Damn it was cold 😆. Yes it has an O2 bung. It took me about half an hour to remove the stock exhaust and install the new one. Everything fits perfect. It's a tad louder than I like but has a nice deep tone. I do have another baffle coming in Saturday and that should tone it down just right. I had no decel pop whatsoever. Very happy. I did shoot a short video that I'll post up later after I post to YouTube. Here's a few pictures.
View attachment 253404
View attachment 253404 View attachment 253405 View attachment 253406 View attachment 253407
View attachment 253405 View attachment 253406 View attachment 253407
View attachment 253404 View attachment 253405 View attachment 253406 View attachment 253407
For a $169.00 exhaust system,it looks pretty good. Something for my 1 brain cell to ponder on.;):geek:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Your bike looks nice. Muffler's a little loud-the New 1 in the video,that is. I'd probably put a baffler on it,thats just me. But it does look very good on the bike.(y):biker2:
Thanks,
It's not as loud as it sounds in the video. I do have another baffle coming in over the weekend. I think that's because it echoes inside my shed. I'll shoot a video over the weekend on the road. Really has a good sound. I like that I has no decel popping. It also shoots a nice blue flame in the dark. 😆

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. It definitely sounds a lot meaner than the Jetson spaceship. 😆

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What extra baffle did you buy?
I ordered this one. Amazon.com
But I also have a tunable baffle coming but its on back order. If this one does the job, I'll just cancel the order on the other one.

·
Registered
2015 Vulcan S
16 Posts
I ordered this one. Amazon.com
But I also have a tunable baffle coming but its on back order. If this one does the job, I'll just cancel the order on the other one.
Cheers for the link. I had one of these on my old exhaust but it didn’t really make much change in comparison to the one that came with it. Interested to here how you go with it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I installed the baffle this afternoon. The baffle really toned it down. Audio makes it sound louder than it really is. Especially inside my shed. Sound level is right were I want it. It is way too cold to take it out for a ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So today I conducted a little experiment. After listening to the video I found the popping of the high pressure exit exhaust sounded a little too high pitched. I removed the rear Baffle and all I can say is Wow! It sounds so much deeper in tone and sounds so much quieter. This was the sound I was looking for. 😁

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well the weather here has not been cooperating so I never got a chance to make a sound clip while riding. The weather did warm up enough for me to go take a short ride but the batteries have crapped out on my camera. I have new one ordered. Here's a sound clip I shot with my phone just before I took a ride. I really like the sound of the new exhaust. It has a nice mellow rumble at highway speeds. No decel back fire or drone to them at all. I'm real happy with the choice and price.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
184 Posts
So today I conducted a little experiment. After listening to the video I found the popping of the high pressure exit exhaust sounded a little too high pitched. I removed the rear Baffle and all I can say is Wow! It sounds so much deeper in tone and sounds so much quieter. This was the sound I was looking for. 😁
Sounds very good and really cool. Do you mind if I ask, Where you got the rear frame slider spools from?;):cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts