Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Vulcan Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably asked numerous times but I am running straight pipes (V&H slip-ons). Too loud and from rocks and whatnot have chipped up the bottom pipe pretty bad and it is rusting and the aesthetics are pretty bad because of it.

I need to find a set of mufflers, 2006 VN1600A but do not want to spend a small fortune. Preferably, $300 tops. Every Muffler I have looked at says "This will not fit". Just the pipes, they measure at 2 1/8th so I am guessing 2 inch pipes (??)

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2005 Vulcan 1500
65 Posts
You'll have a hard time finding 2-in inlet mufflers, not many. I've tried Supertrapp and Delkevic but I'm slipping it on a V&H propipe 2 - 1 header, 2" pipe. If you're running staggered duals that might look awkward.
Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
5,887 Posts
Not fully understanding your post. Assuming the outer diameter of your present pipes are 2 1/8". So would need a muffler with a 2 1/8" inner diameter inlet. Don't forget to look at the outer diameter of the mufflers to see if they will fit in the space. Probably will have to cut the present exhaust staggered so the mufflers fit. To do this this for less money, would look into installing some universal or some Harley mufflers. There are plenty of chrome universal hangers and pipe adapters available. Would even consider looking at stock some take offs from sites like Craigslist. The best would be mufflers that would exactly fit on the outside of your pipes. Stock mufflers will give you a quieter exhaust than aftermarket.

universal slip on mufflers for motorcycles - Google Shopping

universal muffler brackets for motorcycles - Google Shopping

motorcycle chrome straight exhaust pipe adapters - Google Shopping

·
Registered
13 Posts
Probably asked numerous times but I am running straight pipes (V&H slip-ons). Too loud and from rocks and whatnot have chipped up the bottom pipe pretty bad and it is rusting and the aesthetics are pretty bad because of it.

I need to find a set of mufflers, 2006 VN1600A but do not want to spend a small fortune. Preferably, $300 tops. Every Muffler I have looked at says "This will not fit". Just the pipes, they measure at 2 1/8th so I am guessing 2 inch pipes (??)

Any recommendations?
I have a set of the original pipes Just sitting here. Almost new condition. If you want them, They can be had cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts