Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 2 full face Vega helmets from Jafrum.com. They have stereo bluetooth built in so you can receive cell phone calls or listen to your music from your smart phone. 2 helmets can be paired so that you can chat with your passenger. They also have a built in tinted drop down sun visor. They are DOT and ECE 22.05 certified. The best part is the price $119 and include free shipping. They are comfortable and seem pretty well made for the price. I have not tried the bluetooth yet as the helmets for me and my wife are charging up. I do not have any affiliation with Jafrum.com just wanted to pass this find on to others in the forum. Will keep you guys updated when they are charged to see how the bluetooth works.
-Art

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow this helmet rocks! My iTunes play nicely in stereo. It's not great high fidelity but plenty loud even on my dirt bike. I was able to call my wife at home with no issues. Only issue so far, I paired the 2 helmets together but I have not been able to get both helmets to play my itunes in both helmets at the same time. The instructions are very minimal. Will have to keep messing around with them to figure it out. I hope this is possible. The drop down sun visor is a great feature.
-Art

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I spent some time last night working on the helmets. It appears that I cannot stream music from my iPhone to both helmets at the same time :(. The good news is that chatting between helmets works very well. Clear crisp sound quality and no significant pause between talking and listening. The microphone is right at the front of the helmet so it picks up conversaation very nicely. Phone conversations work equilly well. Wind noise is negligible. Decent helmet at a bargain price. The retractable sun shade is a nice bonus. Great for couples out for a day trip.
-Art

·
Registered
76 Posts
That might be the coolest thing I’ve ever heard of!!... I'm amazed!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cobra pipes

About those helmets....we ride my 900 Custom with Cobra pipes and no baffles. I have used my MP3 with Sony ear buds but at highway speeds it looses volume. Around town it has plenty of volume. Do you ride on the highway and does these helmets have volume on the highway? I drive on Interstate roads from Ga. to Fla much of the time also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts