Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked around and can't find anything on it.

On the Speedo I have 3 lights on my 01 classic, 2 red and 1 green in between the red ones. I know that the green one is my neutral, and my right red is my turn signal, but I cannot figure out what my left red one means. At the same time I am getting my left red and green light will come on after riding for a bit. I just did an oil change and made sure my coolant was full but still got the lights after a quick trip to the gas station.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
on my 900 classic. left is neutral, center turn signals and right high beams.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So mine may have been rewired due to my center light being on when I go to neutral, and turn right light flashes with using turn signals. But center light and left light both come on when I turn the key but when I start the bike the lights go off until I shit the engine off again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a good question, my neutral light on the Speedo comes on, and the green light which is normally turn signals comes on as well.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
It would not have come new like that, so there is a problem somewhere.

Is this something you would like to fix yourself, or?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have a meter yet, but I have ran into other issues, I had a bolt snap off in the front top cylinder, and while trying to get it out I end end up drilling into the block that the cover gets bolted to, and have no idea how much it's going to cost for that 1 part

1 - 14 of 14 Posts