Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, an Indian Dealership opened up locally here.

I walked in to take a peak. If anybody wants to slip me about $ 27,000 for a new bike, that'd be just awesome. :D

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
lol, I hear advertisement that we will be getting a dealer somewhat locally. I can't wait to go take a look at those up close. I have always loved the big fender look of those american classics.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were some seriously nice looking bikes.

I'm a fan of the keyless ignition. Makes me want to plan a mod...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Be sure to keep an eye on the dealership.

The one near me had a demo day a few weeks after opening for business.
I didn't see any advertisements either. I would have missed it if I hadn't rode by.

The Cheiftian is the only one I had time to ride. It was a real nice bike. :)

Scott

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
big chief Injun

The Cheiftian is the only one I had time to ride. It was a real nice bike. :) Scott
jus turn 12k on my 014.. dont get out much no more. this rigg is over the top comfy rollin couch with some serious 'spension n state art motor/tranny. I call it butt jewlry. poncho

here is a new lil Skoot Injun is a 1100cc wc mill for $11k. kinda dinky?

Attachments

·
Banned
179 Posts
I rode a full dressed out Chieftain 111 Thunderstroke when the demo rides were here in town a month ago. I would really like to own one of them. It was like I was on a greyhound bus it was so comfortable on the ride and very easy to handle it too. It really surprised me for such a large bike. The guy told me they start out around $23k.

·
Registered
109 Posts
At media day at the Long Beach Motorcycle show - Their PR person said that there are going to be a bunch of new dealerships opening up in the next year. We now have two in San Diego county. El Cajon just had their Grand Opening two weeks ago.

I'm supposed to be getting a Scout in the next few days as a demo and I'm really looking forward to it.

Indian showed that they have the accessories out now for the Scout. (Absolutely the best removable windshield design I have ever seen). They also showed how to adjust the forward pegs - they have a 4 inch range based on the rider.

I adore the Vintage Chief, although I do see just a little too much of Arlen Ness' fingerprints in some areas.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
At media day at the Long Beach Motorcycle show - Their PR person said that there are going to be a bunch of new dealerships opening up in the next year. We now have two in San Diego county. El Cajon just had their Grand Opening two weeks ago.

I'm supposed to be getting a Scout in the next few days as a demo and I'm really looking forward to it.

Indian showed that they have the accessories out now for the Scout. (Absolutely the best removable windshield design I have ever seen). They also showed how to adjust the forward pegs - they have a 4 inch range based on the rider.

I adore the Vintage Chief, although I do see just a little too much of Arlen Ness' fingerprints in some areas.
I can't comment on the scout; but the shield on my Triumph R3T takes about 2 seconds to remove or install and it's as solid as any I've seen when locked in place.

It's not an accessory though; it's standard equipment. :)

Scott

·
Registered
754 Posts
I had the opportunity to test ride the Chieftain this past summer. It's as smooth as silk, real comfy ride, plenty of power and has probably the best looking motor of any V twin (V2K is hard to beat though). Friend I went with ended up trading in his Triumph T bird for a '14 black Chieftain. I'm liking the Roadmaster. About time I get out in this big country and see some things.

Speaking of Indian, a few co workers made the 150 mile trek down to Spirit Lake, IA last weekend and toured the Victory plant. Said it was a great 2 1/2 hours, got see alot of the operations. I'm making it a point to get down there this coming spring.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I picked up the Scout about an hour ago. I'm going to have it for about two weeks.

I had a fun ride home from the dealership!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I picked up the Scout about an hour ago. I'm going to have it for about two weeks. I had a fun ride home from the dealership!
just 2 weeks!? do you plan to wear it out by then? but like they say roun these parts.. no pix, it didnt happen..

·
Registered
109 Posts
just 2 weeks!? do you plan to wear it out by then? but like they say roun these parts.. no pix, it didnt happen..
It's a manufacturer's demo for Media, so they loan it out for two weeks at a time. They may have a hard time getting it back from me. I really like it.

We'll definitely be posting pics all over the place. And we'll have it on Good Morning San Diego too.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
It's a manufacturer's demo for Media, so they loan it out for two weeks at a time. They may have a hard time getting it back from me. I really like it. We'll definitely be posting pics all over the place. And we'll have it on Good Morning San Diego too.
2 whole daze an still no pix.. this ol worl is jus fallen apart at the seams.. sigh, poncho

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Nah, I've had the bike less than 24 hours. We rode out to breakfast this morning. And I think we'll take it out this afternoon and get some pics.
yesterday..+..today..=..2daze. here you gott this bran spankin new bike and its jus sittin in the parking lott? an yor sittin readin this trash and writting responses, when you could be outside on the bike riding it and taking pics and formulating stories to tell us how it does/does not measure up.. we need to know, an pics to prove you aint jus makin this stuff up.. like some folks roun here are known to do.. poncho

·
Registered
109 Posts
This was bringing home yesterday.

I rode it this morning out to breakfast. I do have to earn a living, so I won't get to ride again until tonight.

I have to give it back on December 4th....and they may have to wrestle it away from me.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
mb, now thas mor like it!.. an how can you concentrate on measley stuff like work when you gott a new pony parked waitin to go for a spin? but thanks for the pic as it does ease the pain a smidgen.. poncho

·
Registered
775 Posts
No place to carry my stuff on that bike. :(
Those lay down shocks look weird. :confused:
They don't look like they would help much and that tank is tiny as is the headlight !
I guess it's just a bar hopper. ;)

JJ

·
Registered
109 Posts
No place to carry my stuff on that bike. :(
Those lay down shocks look weird. :confused:
They don't look like they would help much and that tank is tiny as is the headlight !
I guess it's just a bar hopper. ;)

JJ
It's in the same category as a Sportster, so the tank is the same size.
You can get saddlebags as an accessory.
Headlight is super bright.
And the shocks were put in that position as a nod to the old scouts that had the seat springs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts