Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, January 2015
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas on how to construct an indian chief style front fender on a VN2000??? I have finished my Indian replica, but hate the dinky front fender. I think the 1600 has the same size wheels (150mm) and possibly the same forks, but what about a drifter 1500??? I saw a video of a guy (MArk Sackman on You Tube) with a VN1600 discussing a jockey shifter mod and he constructed a front fender on his which looks great. I know some how I would have to make covers for the front brakes, but not sure if I can just convert the front wheel size to accommodate a drifter fender. Any ideas would be great! Thanks....

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Didn't someone, it may have been you mark, post a thread on here before about a fiberglass custom shop that makes the drifter front fender for a Vulcan? Maybe it was for the 900? Don't know if they make one for the 2000.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yes, I did post about the wife's front fender. The fiberglass guy mentioned he had several inquiries about the VN 900 fender, if there were some real interest, maybe we could coax him into making a V2K mold. I'd estimate the cost to be in the $237.00 range.
Best way to do this would be to have several orders together first. I could spec out the dimensions for the prototype, since my bike is stock running a stock tire.

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
Anyone have any ideas on how to construct an indian chief style front fender on a VN2000??? I have finished my Indian replica, but hate the dinky front fender. I think the 1600 has the same size wheels (150mm) and possibly the same forks, but what about a drifter 1500??? I saw a video of a guy (MArk Sackman on You Tube) with a VN1600 discussing a jockey shifter mod and he constructed a front fender on his which looks great. I know some how I would have to make covers for the front brakes, but not sure if I can just convert the front wheel size to accommodate a drifter fender. Any ideas would be great! Thanks....

I did my V2K Drifter some time back using a Gilroy Indian fender: https://plus.google.com/app/basic/photos/114064829442182665630/album/5521394616325026337

Now I'm looking at finishing up the rear.

Best of luck,
-Rod

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
I believe watched the video of you and that front fender. Seemed like a whole lotta work involved. The fiberglass fender we had made bolted right up.
Yup, it took some grinding to get the steel to bend my way. Oldy's can make custom sizes for you. Just Google his name and his work should pop up.

Good luck,
-Rod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts