Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FINISHED, finally. After 3 trips back to the fiberglass guy, it's done and painted. While the painting was being done, we went ahead and had the plain jane white side covers dressed up with a little titanium. Here's how the finished product looks on the wife's VN 900 Classic LT. I used 1" spacers to back the caliper cover away from the fender, allowing for more air flow. All in all, we're well satisfied with the results. It's probably the only one of it's kind.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
That looks amazing! As I have gotten older, I have come to love the look of the full Indian-style fenders. She's BOTM material.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 60, been riding since my teenage years. Like you, I've got a special fondness of Old School stuff. The wife fell in love with this look when she saw her first Indian in person. After calling around, I found a guy in Iowa who was willing to work with me in designing this fender to fit the VN 900 Classic LT.
Her bike also has blue LED accent lights. I just might drag it outside again after church tomorrow, take more pics, submit it for BOTM. Glad you like it ! What are you riding?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm on a 900 Custom. The new Indians appear to be awesome machines, but not readily accessible to the working man's wallet.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Sweet looking, did you have the seat redone ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've seen a few done with the Drifter fender, and I love it... was the first thought I had with the LT when I bought it, but never taken the time to do it.. did you use a stock Drifter fender, or were those trips to the fiberglass place to get a custom piece? I know I've heard that the Drifter fender CAN fit.. but I'm curious what it takes to get it there.. Beautiful job, btw. Gorgeous.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You might want to check your links before posting them. Thats a website for water bongs not motorcycle fenders!

Funny stuff all the same. Thanks for the smiles first thing in the am.

M

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

The inspiration for the fender.

I get a kick outta the background music...sounds like a 70's blacksploitation film..lol...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The inspiration for the fender.

I get a kick outta the background music...sounds like a 70's blacksploitation film..lol...

Ok I am SOld!! where do I buy one :D

I can now see why the fender, are you going to do the rear one also ?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the website is one name, I think it's also listed as Oldy's Custom Composites in Hull, Iowa, his name is Gary.
Before I tackle the rear fender, I need to first install my Sirius ready Kenwood marine receiver in the V2K.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm lovin that fender. I have a VN 900 Classic LT the same color and am going to put that fender on. I'm not sure I understand "slight indentations for the cowbells"

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cowbells are a term used to describe the chrome covers for the fork tubes, I believe. The fender on my wife's bike went from indentations so deep, the tire couldn't fit inside the fender to the latest version where there are NO indentations to clear the fork tubes if you were to totally bottom out the suspension. If you contact Gary, ask him if he could put appx a 1/4" indentation on each side. That should give you barely enough space outside to clear the fork tubes and at the same time, a stock tire should fit inside. Does that better explain it?

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Hey Mark, I love those drifters. I don't know why I haven't checked out this thread earlier, but this morning I did, and man that bike looks great! Thanks for the link also, may contact them myself for a fender.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
If you look on their website, under "customer bikes," Barbara's bike is featured there as well. While not as wild as most, it does stand out from the crowd of other Vulcans. While the fender was being painted ( a friend did a GREAT job) we got him to also paint the side covers to match the rest of the bike, as that solid white pearl seemed to stick out like a sore thumb.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts