Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This makes round 3......................still not right, but I can fix it from here.
While this version DOES clear the tire and bolts right up, the caliper cover isn't deep enough. Tomorrow, I'll get some longer bolts and cut some spacers to make the caliper cover stand off far enough to allow the necessary depth, then have to cut "something" to close the gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Are you going to do the rear fender also ?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As soon as this is finally painted to match the bike, I'll be looking at the rear. Pics to follow ! What do you think of this style fender on the 900 classic lt?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I like it , would like to see a picture of the whole bike with it . Did you get the fender off another bike ?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
WOw that is going to be a sweet looking bike!!, love the theme of the bike colors and all

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got some nylon spacers and longer bolts to make the caliper cover stand back from the fender side to allow enough room (and additional cooling !) for the caliper. Used a dremmel to fine tune the caliper cover to clear the stock brake line bracket. Goes to paint tomorrow, pics to follow, hopefully soon.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Doesn't open. I really want the fender but I'm concerned about how difficult it is to install. Can you tell me?
I couldn't get the link to work for me either (using Firefox). So instead I went to the main site at:

http://www.badassglass.us

Then use the links to the left on that page and click on "Customer Bike Photos". That should get you to the pics.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks but again. Can someone/ anyone who has installed this fender tell me the issues of installing it or is the clipper the only issue

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not sure why it's not working for you.....
is the website itself not coming up? If so, that's really strange.
I originally approached Gary with this fender concept, he sent the initial version to me, I sent it back a couple times trying to get him to make it perfect, which he failed to do.

The version with NO indentations for the forks will BARELY rub the cowbells when the suspension is compressed. Not sure about HIS version WITH the indentations. When he sent me that version, the stock tire would not clear the indentations inside the fender. THAT is what I was trying to resolve with him.

Either version will require you move the voltage regulator to the left side of the bike. Simple. No wiring mods needed, simply use the bolt that's already there just above your left foot.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
after reading your email, I went to the home page, scrolled down the page to "customer's bikes" on the left, there was the wife's bike.

If you want this fender, you may call Gary and ask for the exact clearances inside the fender between the indentations. Then, measure the EXACT width of YOUR tire to confirm it will fit.
Other than having to move the voltage regulator and putting spacers between the caliper cover and the fender, it's not big deal.
Barbara gets funny looks from other cyclists when they see her bike, not sure if it's an Indian or a Drifter !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts