Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am getting ready to install my saddleman renegade solo and noticed that the stock seat had left indentations on the rear from the bumpers underneath the stock seat. When I put the solo on, they'll be exposed.

Any thoughts on how to fix without replacing the fender??

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lil body filler possibly. Then repaint that area. Mine has that too, hate it but replacing the fender over the winter. So I just live w it now.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
mine has the indentations, but there are no scuff marks from the stocker seat, I just ignore em.

·
Registered
140 Posts
mine has the indentations, but there are no scuff marks from the stocker seat, I just ignore em.
yea, I agree you probably can ignore them. I haven't changed seat but see what you mean. Mine bike being black you can see it but I don't know if I would completely freak about the indents...

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
They must be common on the 900. If they are really annoying, and the price of replacing the fender (provided the replacement does not have the same indentations) is too high, filling and painting maybe the best option.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I'm ok with mods (exhaust, intake, fuel processor, grips, etc) but just thinking about removal and repair of this fender is scary for me to say the least! I'm definitely nowhere near that caliber.

I'll see how it looks when I get the seat on. Hopefully I can live with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
189 Posts
I guess it's not too bad but I'm really OCD and a perfectionist. I used to build show cars and trucks so it stems from that.

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
I guess it's not too bad but I'm really OCD and a perfectionist. I used to build show cars and trucks so it stems from that.

Me too... When I painted my bike a couple of weeks ago I went ahead and fixed mine even though my new profiler seat covers them up..lol. Ive done similar things on customers vehicles, I always find myself starting to fix stuff that they never mentioned. i usually catch myself and remind myself that I wont be getting paid for all that extra work..lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts