Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to share this. Was driving (in the truck) 5 hours to my Mothers home and we came to a construction area. All lanes were reduced to a single lane and there were miles of orange barrels. For some reason they placed the barrels not on the lane lines but into our only lane a bit. This forced you to drive off the road and partially on the shoulder. It felt odd. Anyway I had a local sheriff right in front of me. He was veering left and right a lot and then he veered a bit too far left and smacked one of the barrels! :eek: We suspect he was on his computer or something else. This sent the barrel flying. The sheriff immediately jerked his cruiser to the right and he took the very next opening in the barrels to jump off the highway. I saw him get out and examine his cruiser's front end in my mirror. My wife and I wondered how different things might have been if our vehicle positions were reversed and he was following us and we had hit that orange barrel? :D

·
Registered
927 Posts
I would say a ticket would be in you pocket :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Agreed, Nomad. I've often given consideration to the "distracted driving" rules that seem so much in the news now. LEOs are some of the most distracted drivers on the road what with the communications, laptops, radar, etc. that they make use of in performing their job.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Depend on what type of day he was having seriously. Being a County Sheriff, he probably wouldn't do a thing, he wouldn't want to get tied down doing paperwork for a barrell. Now a trooper, that might be a different story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts