Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with the in thread ads? If I have to listen to the Geico ad one more time when I click on a new thread, I'll scream.

I understand that the advertisers help keep the site alive, but there are plenty of ads around the threads, we don't need them in your face in every thread.

And don't tell me that if I upgrade my membership, they will go away - I am on other forums with more features that cost $0 and have NO ads - they operate on donations from the users - and they get enough donations to keep them up and running just fine (in fact I regularly give more than 3x the amount of a "membership" here every year - as do others).

Can the admin change the settings for the periphery ads again? If not . . . there are plenty of other forums out there . . .

·
Registered
9 Posts
The pop up ads for apps are particularly annoying.. I did not see them for the first few weeks on here, but now they appear all the time and always seem to know exactly which post I'm trying to read. Do they go away with a donation? If so, hurry up and take my money. If not, I'm probably not long for here, they're that annoying.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
The pop up ads for apps are particularly annoying.. I did not see them for the first few weeks on here, but now they appear all the time and always seem to know exactly which post I'm trying to read. Do they go away with a donation? If so, hurry up and take my money. If not, I'm probably not long for here, they're that annoying.
Go into your UserCP and see if you might find some settings to disable that match your viewing preferences.

·
Registered
445 Posts
They come up as an auto play on each tread you click on when not signed in. Try signing in first that should help.

Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
They come up as an auto play on each tread you click on when not signed in. Try signing in first that should help.

Ron
These are not the video ads that get inserted into each thread. These are small pop up ads for apps not related to the site, that sit on top of the posts so you can't read them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts