Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to have my front tire replaced by the shop, and have a concern regarding selecting a proper inner tube when having a tire changed. I have owned my '97 vn800 for ten years now, and never had an issue with entering my bike information online and finding the exact fitting tube under various name brands. However, the current tire that I am running now is the first upgrade in size which I changed a few years ago. I went from an 80/90-21 to a 90/90-21 (Shinko 777). Being that a few years have passed, I can't remember the type of tube that I purchased:surprise:. Online vendors will not recognize the size upgrade, so any tube I select for my model motorcycle will show up as "does not fit", so I will have to purchase by size.

My questions are these: What are the differences between tube sizes and which one is appropriate for an 800 Vulcan? I've noticed 2mm, 3mm, 4mm and... moose size? Do I need standard or heavy duty? I believe that when I last purchased the inner tube, I must have brainlessly selected any compatible tube without giving it a second thought. Upon noticing this now, can anyone shed some light?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would call their customer service number and order that way.

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, Zzman. Thanks! I got that same Michelin tube. The box just reads inner tube so I believe it's standard. Guess that's good enough. Regardless, it's already on the bike. I got a cutout of the box in my tool closet so that next time I am battling with Alzheimers, I will always remember what tube I ordered, lol!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Awesome. Safe riding!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts