Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Voyager 1700 needs new rear tire quickly. I see that they run the exact same size as my 2006 classic 1600. I have used the Bridgestone before, that is what is on it. They seem to get 6000 to 7500 miles only out of them. Does anyone use and recommend any other tires that will grip well and last good? I went dark side on my classic and am considering that maybe here but first wanted to try out a regular motorcycle tire. So i am putting it out there... what brands are people using and how are they for grip and tread life?:surprise: Has anyone tried the Shinko 777?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Commander 11 on my Nomad- wearing very well

·
Registered
105 Posts
just put some Commander II's on my Voyager last week. Seem fine. Only got 5k from my rear stocker.​

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
high 5 for Michelins

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Commander 2 for sure...I got between 15,000 to 19,000 miles out of 4 rears and always got 22,000+ miles outa the fronts.

BTW...did you get the WP shocks from my Vaq installed and if so how do they work on ur skoot?

RACNRAY

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I did a lot of searching on this site and others about tires. The majority of the folks have been real happy with Michelin Commander II's. I put one on my 2013 Voyager about 1,000 miles ago and like the way it handles.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I have found it is a switch to 180/65 16 for the back, which one should be used if I want to match the front? I dont think Michelin makes the OEM size.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Michelin does make a stock size for the front, i just had the pair put on my Nomad, very nice, Dennis Kirk has about the best prices as well...ride on...

·
Registered
388 Posts
I shall have to remember the Michelin tires. The previous owner put Avon Cobra Venoms on the bike, and while they were the perfect tires for my V-Max, it seems the Nomad wants something different. I want tires with good life to them and smooth, steady handling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts