Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Agree or disagree

I believe my car driving has improved due to my bike riding.

GO !

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I totally agreed with this until I hit gravel I did not notice at 5 mph and hit the pavement.

Never ever assume you are a better driver... Bad experiences will happen and you will learn.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I watch cross traffic alot better. I catch myself glancing at driveways, watching the wheels of cars that are stopped at intersections to catch if they start moving, the same stuff I do on my bike.

The only time I've ever been in a wreck is getting rear-ended at a stop a few years ago, (I drive about 60k miles a year) so I'd like to think I do a decent job of being safe, but after riding a motorcycle I feel even safer because it HAS forced me to develop better habits of paying close attention to the stuff to the left and right of the road that often get ignored, yet often cause serious accidents.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes, agreed. I like to think that riding a bike let's me "see" things before they happen, like who's eager to change lanes, who's the stop light grand prix idiot, etc, and that transfered to my cage skills as well. I am much more aware of my surroundings, I keep more space from the car in front of me. It even helped with road rage!!! Since there's so much to lose if you let road rage get the better of you in a motorcycle, I kind of kept that idea with cage driving.

And obviously... when a rider is in a cage, we are very careful around other riders. I always signal them to pass by me if they're lane splitting, etc, always letting them do whatever they're gonna do.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Car driving perhaps. Mountain biking got much worse. The other day I got my mountain bike out of the shed, rode it across the yard and down the hill to the driveway, then grabbed the clutch hard. The clutch on that bike is my front brake. :(

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car driving perhaps. Mountain biking got much worse. The other day I got my mountain bike out of the shed, rode it across the yard and down the hill to the driveway, then grabbed the clutch hard. The clutch on that bike is my front brake. :(
I haven't done that since I was 12, and that was a long time ago but I still remember the surprise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts