Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, November 2015
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for some new grips. I had the Kuryakyn grips on my old bike. I lived them. So in a search for new ones I've seen the knock-offs on eBay. They look good & I've read some good reviews on other sites.

I searched here but I didn't get any hits. So, if you've got a set I'm like your opinion.

Thanks!

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so my search was acting stupid. I searched again & I got results.
I still wouldn't mind hearing if anyone else had a problem with the
Throttle not springing back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Usually, the throttle not springing back means the decel cable needs to be re-zeroed. Here's how, but you may want to check the diagram in the manual if you've never done it before.

1. Loosen the locknuts, and screw both throttle cable adjusters in fully at the upper end of the throttle cables so as to give the throttle grip plenty of play.
  2. Turn out the decelerator cable adjuster until there is no clearance between the cable bracket and the stopper when the throttle grip is completely closed. Tighten the locknut.
  3. Turn the accelerator cable adjuster until the proper amount of throttle grip free play is obtained. Tighten the locknut.
But the problem could also be the grip not turning easily on the handlebar. I would carefully file off any burrs or imperfections in the throttle tube and maybe use a dry lube like graphite or Dri-slide. Wet lubes attract dirt, so avoid them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I put them on mine with no issues at all

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I guess I should mention when I bought mine I took the throttle tube out and just used the stock on that was already on the bike

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, that's great to know its an option! Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the knock offs and they are fine but putting them on can be a chore. On the set i got the rubber tabs would actually pull through the holes on the grip during installation. Once the grips are seated in place they are fine. Other than that I have no complaints.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Husband ordered the knock off style on web for his Road King. Thin, light, not heavy at all. The chrome finish was lacking in quality. I have the kuryakyn ISO grips on mine, which is heads and shoulders better than the off brand. As most times, you get what you pay for...he's sending these back and getting the ones that he should of got the first time. We've ordered kuryakyn for the majority of bikes that we've had in the past, and never regretted it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts