Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into buying a 16xxx mile 750 vulcan. Thet say it needs a starter, Any ideas where to look.it is a 1986 model and only 800 Dollars.

·
Registered
63 Posts
But It

But it, buy it now. You should have no problem getting the price down 1 or 2 hundred dollars. Get the bike first, then worry about the starter. I've seen Vulcan parts for sale all over the place. Finding it is not a worry. Let me see if I can find the web page for that part. See ya in a couple of days.
Thank you
Ray
[email protected]

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me too. ....as long as it is only the starter. I had a Vulcan 750 a few years back and my local Kawi dealer ( at the time) couldn't find the problem to my bike. I ended up selling it to the Kawi dealer for cash as I couldn't afford the cash involved with lengthy electrical tests. Anyway.. if it is only the starter, then I say you may have found a great deal. All the best!

Pearl...16.(Jen)

·
Registered
11,754 Posts
At 16,000mi, I really doubt it is a starter problem. Most likely something much easier, but keep that nugget to yourself.
Good idea to see if it will push start. Will rule out that the engine is actually seized.
Be prepared to spend some money on it, especially if it has been sitting. Factor that in to your purchase price.
If you find it in your garage and have any questions, post back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts