Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends
It is time to hang up my helmet.. I still LOVE to ride but my mind, body and family say it is time to put the bikes up and pursue other interests.

Thank you all for the fellowship all these years...I hope that will continue as I will still be a regular on the forum.

I have no regrets. Life evolves...I'll just be doing new things, including avoiding yard work as much as possible.

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
None of US can stop the inevitable march of aging.

I am happy you have no regrets. I am sure that is only true because you have been riding all your life and have many memories of riding that you can revisit.

Would love to hear any and all of them! Glhad you aren't going away, but instead are just gonna leave your horse in the corral and sit in the saloon sipping whiskey and telling stories.

I hold my glass high and make a toast to one tough son-of-a-gun! BOKOBOB!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
None of US can stop the inevitable march of aging.

I am happy you have no regrets. I am sure that is only true because you have been riding all your life and have many memories of riding that you can revisit.

Would love to hear any and all of them! Glhad you aren't going away, but instead are just gonna leave your horse in the corral and sit in the saloon sipping whiskey and telling stories.

I hold my glass high and make a toast to one tough son-of-a-gun! BOKOBOB!
Thank you...What a nice thing to say..Makes my day.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Take care Bob.

stop by once in a while and let us know whats happening. I'd say, keep us straight, but that would be asking too much.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just reflected on what I should give up at this point, lets see, seriousness, nah tossed that long ago, beer, nah never, but I'm beginning to think my plans to take over the world may be rather unlikely.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
bob,

I can't add anything more than what has already been said other than it will happen to ALL of us sooner or later. I am hoping on later, just like you.

If I ever get over to the east coast I'll look you up.

Take Care.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bob,

I can't add anything more than what has already been said other than it will happen to ALL of us sooner or later. I am hoping on later, just like you.

If I ever get over to the east coast I'll look you up.

Take Care.
Thank you, Bill. Think Charlotte, NC or Myrtle Beach, SC and we'll find a place for a get-together..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Retiring from riding?

No no no why retire from riding ok I’m 67 and have no intention of stopping at all I,ve got gasoline in my veins and gas in my guts o.k I’ve gone down a few cc’s from 1200 to 900 and now a500 but that’s it you are only as young as you feel (as old as your tongue and a lot older than your teeth)why not go down the road of a trike.Long May you ride friend!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MaiMac,

Thank you for your encouragement. At 67 I was able to do just about anything from very heavy lifting to walking briskly for miles...AT 82 I can do this no more...just this morning at ten o'clock I rode my Honda Rebel 250 three miles to McD's for breakfast...When I got home my legs were like rubber..I also get dizzy spells on occasion.

Nevertheless I am grateful to all of you for such warm encouragement.

I ain't at the end of the "book" yet, and it will be fun to see what the next few chapters have in store for me.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gregs656....yep, I know....This afternoon I also rode along with the guy who bought it and title is all signed over to him and bike is gone. I noticed the forks seeping a bit and one of the side covers had a split in it so I knocked off $200 from the price...I like a clean conscience.

Now I have the Rebel to sell plus more room in the garage....

Smiling in everyone's direction.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you, guys...Biking I a spoke in the wheel of life...I"ll figure out what is gonna be the replacement spoke.

Napping seems to be one of the likely candidates..

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you, guys...Biking is
a spoke in the wheel of life...I"ll figure out what is gonna be the replacement spoke.

Napping seems to be one of the likely candidates..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Bob - Congrats for being able to ride until 82. I have just a few years to go to equal your record but who knows what the Good Lord has in store. Enjoy your "retirement" and keep in touch even if from a recliner, rather than from a bike!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Knowing when its time to quit is part of the game. I'm hoping you will find something else to focus on. If life's a river, we all have to have a boat to float. MCs have been part of your boat fleet, but now you need to look for another enjoyment. I jumped from bicycles to rocks/lapidary. Polishing rocks doesn't take as much coordination or oxygen. My Vulcan gets a 25-50 mile round trip once in awhile to keep the gas fresh, but its not going to the big city with me aboard. Thanks for all the contributions here and don't be afraid to call on folks you've contacted here as you travel around (no matter how many wheels or wings you are using.).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts