Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if you guys would change your brake pads along with other maintenance? I believe my bike had 2 PO. Even if they measure good would you replace them or just go with the flow? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Download your owner's manual from the Kawi website (it's free) and in it you'll find a minimum wear spec on the pads. If you ain't there yet, not much sense in spending the $$$.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I'll download it. I have put about 250 miles on this bike since I bought it. I just thought maybe it might be a good idea to start new with some of that stuff. Just got my M endorsement about 2 weeks ago. This work thing is interfering with my riding.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I recently changed mine because of the wear. I had just over 30,000 miles. As stated above or unless you are preparing to leave on long trip, if it's not time just wait.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I had 13500 miles on my 900 when I sold it. The rear brakes were shot. If I hadn't sold it, I would have needed to replace them. With that being said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Check the pads, if they are fine, keep on motoring.

And yes, work interferes with riding. (Posted from my desk at work, doing some overtime to cover a sick guy in the office :()

1 - 5 of 5 Posts