Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Before I was getting around 55mpg. After the pipes, fuel tuner and breather I'm getting around 64mpg! Seriously. I put 274 miles on her, and was only able to get 4.3 gallons in her at the pump! My fuel settings are 3.5,2,1.5. So, how is that possible?

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's entirely possible. I had an '03 RC51 (Honda's version of a Ducati in case you're not familiar), and I put a PCIIIr on it to smooth out the throttle response. Turns out it had more power everywhere on the tach and the first highway trip I got 52 MPG. This was with a bike that got maybe 35-40 before.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like your odometer may be faulty. Kawi only claims up to 45 mpg.
Yeah, well its the standard Kawi % off. Bike goes roughly 5mph slower than what the speedo says. But even so, I'm still getting better mileage than before.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
That's very odd, because with your settings, you're actually adding fuel to compensate for the extra air flow... higher HP is to be expected, but MPG? Wow. Not questioning, as you do the math, and numbers don't lie, but again, quite rare!

Perhaps test a few tanks in a row and see if you maintain that average.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Looks like your odometer may be faulty. Kawi only claims up to 45 mpg.
I've never failed to get better mileage out of a vehicle than the manufacturer claims. our V6 mariner is rated for 22 highway, and we just put 2200 miles on it last week, averaging almost 26 mpg. The little cobalt we had before was rated for 32 highway, and averaged around 35, peaking at 37. My 9 averaged 55-56 on this last trip from indicated mileage, and 55 mpg minus 6% is still 51.7, which is nothing to scoff at.

HOWEVER, this is the first time I've heard of such a great economy increase after the performance mods. Do you ride really tamely? I could see that bringing in some mileage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts