Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I had the Honda Goldwing for about a year, 2006 fully loaded, POS! Why did I come back? Several reasons, first of all I just don't have the time to do cross country right now as I'm still in my money making years! So when you're only doing Maybe day trips and a commuter, nothing better than the Vulcan 900! Why else would I come back, believe it or not on back roads secondary roads, this has a much more plush ride than the Goldwing! You say I'm crazy? Google some forums about it! Unless you're ready to throw $4,000 to a traxxion suspension aftermarket ,your ride's going to feel like s***! My wife said her fillings almost came out on the back seat! Why else would I come back to the Vulcan 900? Gas mileage! 13 more miles to a gallon, three tanks I'm averaging 45 miles to the gallon, never got above 32 on the Gold Wing. Why else would I come back to the Vulcan 900? Believe it or not wind protection! Buffeting! My wife and I tried 3 different windshields on that Goldwing and nothing compares as far as clean air than the stock windshield on the Vulcan 900! I only missed two things, the stereo! And the seat! But I got my appointment scheduled with mean City Cycles for July! I feel quite sure they can fix me up for around a hundred and sixty bucks keeping the stock seat look. Anyway changed the coolant today, changed the filter, change the spark plugs, changed brake fluid, all I have left is the oil, and the seller of my blue 2008 900 classic LT told me he just changed the oil a couple of months before he sold it to me , so that'll be it and she is fully ready to ride! Oh yeah how long did it take me to change my filter on this bike? About 5 minutes, on the Honda Goldwing, it was an 8-hour job! There's just absolutely no comparison on the 8th of doing your own work on this one compared to the Goldwing. Good to be back guys and gals!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome back!!!Really the GW pos?Little

Yes, thought it could have been just mine but so many issues I was having, front wobble, bad suspension, those type things seem to be occurring with a lot of other Forum members bikes older than 2012

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
Welcome back. Nice looking bike. Try some white walls, that would look sweet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes I had the Honda Goldwing for about a year, 2006 fully loaded, POS! Why did I come back? Several reasons, first of all I just don't have the time to do cross country right now as I'm still in my money making years! So when you're only doing Maybe day trips and a commuter, nothing better than the Vulcan 900! Why else would I come back, believe it or not on back roads secondary roads, this has a much more plush ride than the Goldwing! You say I'm crazy? Google some forums about it! Unless you're ready to throw $4,000 to a traxxion suspension aftermarket ,your ride's going to feel like s***! My wife said her fillings almost came out on the back seat! Why else would I come back to the Vulcan 900? Gas mileage! 13 more miles to a gallon, three tanks I'm averaging 45 miles to the gallon, never got above 32 on the Gold Wing. Why else would I come back to the Vulcan 900? Believe it or not wind protection! Buffeting! My wife and I tried 3 different windshields on that Goldwing and nothing compares as far as clean air than the stock windshield on the Vulcan 900! I only missed two things, the stereo! And the seat! But I got my appointment scheduled with mean City Cycles for July! I feel quite sure they can fix me up for around a hundred and sixty bucks keeping the stock seat look. Anyway changed the coolant today, changed the filter, change the spark plugs, changed brake fluid, all I have left is the oil, and the seller of my blue 2008 900 classic LT told me he just changed the oil a couple of months before he sold it to me , so that'll be it and she is fully ready to ride! Oh yeah how long did it take me to change my filter on this bike? About 5 minutes, on the Honda Goldwing, it was an 8-hour job! There's just absolutely no comparison on the 8th of doing your own work on this one compared to the Goldwing. Good to be back guys and gals!
I came away with similar impressions after a couple hours on a 2008 Gwing. I really thought that once I rode one I'd never settle for anything less. Well I'm much happier with my Voyager. No doubt that flat-6 power is awesome but the rest of the bike is very underwhelming.
And the total lack of leg/foot room on the wing is sad. And I'm only 5'10" size 9.5 shoe.

Welcome back!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I came away with similar impressions after a couple hours on a 2008 Gwing. I really thought that once I rode one I'd never settle for anything less. Well I'm much happier with my Voyager. No doubt that flat-6 power is awesome but the rest of the bike is very underwhelming.
And the total lack of leg/foot room on the wing is sad. And I'm only 5'10" size 9.5 shoe.

Welcome back!
Thanks for the welcome back! Yeah I can appreciate what other people were saying about your feet being locked in on the Goldwing, definitely couldnt move them forward, and gave me some knee pain once in awhile, I thought that foot position though was the reason why butt didn't hurt until I realized it's just the plane shape of the seat, your voyageurs got a nice seat! I pulled up beside an all blacked out 2014 Voyager, the other day, and said that's my bike if I ever decide I want to do some touring again, great buy! What year is yours?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh and I failed to mention how miserably hot the Gold Wing was on the left side! Especially for my passenger! It completely fried my wife's Shin area when she wore shorts. Yes I know you're supposed to wear jeans and all that stuff, but hey we're in the south! Anyway it could have been the shark fins that were installed prior to me buying, if you're ever thinking Goldwing, do not get the shark fins , I always wanted to tear them off but was too nervous about what they would do the paint. Miserable , the Vulcan 900 gets a little warm on the right side and I just bring my knee out a little bit, solved!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh and I failed to mention how miserably hot the Gold Wing was on the left side! Especially for my passenger! It completely fried my wife's Shin area when she wore shorts. Yes I know you're supposed to wear jeans and all that stuff, but hey we're in the south! Anyway it could have been the shark fins that were installed prior to me buying, if you're ever thinking Goldwing, do not get the shark fins , I always wanted to tear them off but was too nervous about what they would do the paint. Miserable , the Vulcan 900 gets a little warm on the right side and I just bring my knee out a little bit, solved!
Oh, than you should get a Voyager and you'll get grilled on the right side ! :wink2:

Typical Voyager problem ! Hot - hotter - VOYAGER ! ! !

Cu,
Sven

1 - 14 of 14 Posts