Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Doesn't really matter for test purposes, it is just a solenoid. When you connect 12volts to the coil, terminals 1 & 2, you should hear it click.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Definitely a step up with the VM diagnostics tool. Good on you! I am following this thread with much interest. I hope that you get it figured out soon and I'm wishing you good luck in your search for the "missing link". Most of my thoughts with respect to WTF? have been covered already. Seems to be a real puzzler.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
If I remember correctly, when you installed the new ECM, you still did not have voltage at the coils and the fuel pump did not run when you turned the switch on. Is this correct?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
I don't think we tested voltage at the coils since the new install which I will do. I did have voltage with the old ECM. And yes the fuel pump did not run with either ECM.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Sorry everyone we are getting ready for a big graduation party next Friday. Voltage at the coils is excellent! 12.58 So where do we want to move from here?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Connect the negative terminal of your meter to the negative terminal of the battery, select VDC, at the DFI relay there are two white w/red wires. One is fused the other goes to fuel pump. Back probe the unfused wire at the connector, turn switch on and check for battery voltage. If not, move lead to fused wire and recheck. Both should be battery voltage.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Those voltage readings are exactly as they should be. There is a connector under the fuel tank that connects to the fuel pump. There will be a white w/red, (same wire from DFI). Meter negative to battery ground, positive to the white w/red, key on, read voltage. If voltage is same as battery, your fuel pump is bad.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
The one that is more white then red is 12.19 the one that is more red then white is 0.00 with key off and 1.70 key on.

121 - 140 of 179 Posts