Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience purchasing a motorcycle from an out of state seller. Example, you see a bike for sale on Cycle Trader, or even here on the Vulcan Forum Classifieds. The seller is in Texas. He describes the bike and has photos along with mileage etc. You cant go there but want to buy the bike. How do you insure a safe exchange of money for title so you don't get ripped off and have the bike shipped to you?
Thx,
GeoRav

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know it's successfully done every day by millions of people but buying an item sight-unseen without being able to touch and feel and have the bike (or car) inspected is a big gamble. I wouldn't do it unless I could afford to lose whatever money I was spending and it would have to be a great deal. People get ripped-off in FACE TO FACE transactions though but at least you have eyes on it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
text/phone the seller guy/gal and ask many questions, then if still interested go see the bike and ask to see the maintenance records on the bike if he has any, check the bike over and see if you can get a test ride in, if you still like it pay in cash

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know I always see all kinds of posts for bikes in New Hampshire that look nice, but I would never be able to bring them home and get them registered in Massachusetts (taxachusetts). We have so many more regulations and rules down here, and in NH they can register their bikes without even having a title if it is more than so many years old. In mass you need title and insurance recent prostate exam etc...

I would say make sure you know what paper work you will need in your state and find out if the bike will come with it. Also run the VIN number of the bike on the free national database website to 1 make sure it is a real VIN number and 2 make sure it is not stolen. I would probably just go down to Texas and check it out personally. I would be too afraid of some guy from Zimbabwe cashing a big check and waiting for a motorcycle to come in the mail which might not ever come. What happens if it does arrive and it is not as described? Can you return it? I think if you buy it through Ebay there are some levels of protections against stuff like that at least.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I got my 2016 Vulcan S Cafe ABS for Sale. I just now got final approval from the BOSS (my wife) to purchase the Z900RS so I can officially offer my bike for Sale. I didn't want to part with her until I knew for sure that I would be able to get another bike first. I would prefer a local sale but as long as the buyer pays for shipping we can probably work something out. This bike has very low miles and I mean very low miles. Never dropped, never ridden in the rain. Lots of accessories. I will probably take off my Denali Soundbomb Compact Air Horn since I can use it on the other bike and I love that horn. Also it does come with 2 Seats. A modified Standard Mid Reach Seat and a Extended Reach Seat. The Mid Reach Seat has been professionally modified by Mean City Cycles with their Double Decker Memory foam and it is 100 times more comfortable than the regular OEM seat. PM me your phone number and let me know a good time to call you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts