Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another Illinois Rider

Geneseo is about two hours from Joilet. You are just at the edge of Chicago? Can hardley wait to get back on the road. I started to pull it out and ride the other day but chickened out.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm near I55 and I80. We typically head southwest when we ride, towards the Starved Rock area.

My bike is apart right now. I sent the exhaust in to be ceramic coated. I also installed a Thunder Mfg. air kit and Power Commander V. Now I just need some warmer weather so I can start tuning it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When do you usually get your bike out and start riding? What temp do you wait for?
I have ridden in the 40's if it's clean and dry outside. Now that my wife bought me a heated jacket liner I can get out a little sooner !

·
Registered
18 Posts
What temperature to ride

Geneseo, IL, Just took the Classic 1500 out for a spin. It's 40 degrees and4:30 pm. Was just going around the block and only had tennis shoes, light jacket, and a doo rag. Ended up riding about 10 miles. Wasn't bad. If I had had my full face helment, long johns, I could have stayed on the bike all day. First time I've had it out this year. Won't be long !!!!!!! Warm weather is comming.
P.S. You know, I did have a pair of jeans on also. I guess a person would look kind of funny, if he only had tennis shoes, light jacket and a doo rag on. What a Kodak moment that would be !!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lindenhurst here.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Checking in from Buffalo Grove. I ride a VTX 1800-R. My wife is looking to "upgrade" to a 900 Classic (currently a VLX 600). Just looking for the right deal.

Anyone hear anything good/bad about Woodfield Powersports. I know they have an F rating at the BBB. Seemed like nice people when talking with them. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Anyone hear anything good/bad about Woodfield Powersports. I know they have an F rating at the BBB. Seemed like nice people when talking with them. Any input would be great.
I bought my wife's helmet from them. And I had my front wheel rebalanced at their service department. OK I guess.

I tried to sell them my Suzuki 250 last year when looking to upgrade to the Vulcan. They low-balled it, so I ended up selling it on CL instead, but I guess other dealers are no different.

Welcome to Vulcan Forums, by the way!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to do some accounting work for them some 25 years ago. Ownership changed hands a few times since then.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a bit of a ride but check out Open Air Powersports in Sycamore. Ask for Bob and tell him William Bilotta sent you. 815.991.9166

1 - 20 of 109 Posts