Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my Classic in April, and since it's my first bike and I'm just looking for something to get around on and have some fun, I'll just keep it stock and not worry about all the fancy add ons.

Then one hot day I noticed that the grips left my hands feeling grimey and tacky when I wasn't wearing gloves. Better get some new grips. In the spirit of "buy once, cry once" I plopped down how ever much it was for some Kury ISOs. These feel nice.

A short while later I got tired of taking my lunch to work (and hauling whatever else needed hauling) in a backpack. Saddlebags. Got some Saddlemen Jumbo Teardrops. Hell, might as well get the quick release thingies too, right?

And who doesn't feel safer with a crash bar (or whatever we're supposed to call it)? Fire up the internet machine and see who's got the best price on a Cobra. That should do me.

After a couple trips to Lincoln and one to Glenwood (each about 100 miles round trip) I notice that the parts of my ass that aren't numb are on fire. I always read you guys bitchin' about the stock seat and damned if you're not right. Better upgrade. Kawi gel? Nobody seems to like it. Mustang? Looks nice, but by all accounts sits the rider up higher. No likey. Hey, this Corbin place makes a seat with a removeable backrest that can go in either the driver or passenger position. Nice, since I don't want a sissy bar on the bike. Buy once cry once, right? (more like cry like a little girl).

Somewhere along the line a gremlin bell showed up. Not a mod, exactly. More like a necessary piece of life saving safety equipment.

So other than that, I'm leaving it stock.

For now, anyway.

·
Registered
67 Posts
so did you get the corbin seat i have one and love it!! Can ride for hours with this seat. I got the dual touring seat with the drivers backrest. Most of these guys hung up on the mustang seat here. The corbin is a much nicer looking seat for sure with the stitching and studs and i do think you may ride a little lower. And thats all i have to say about that

·
Registered
78 Posts
My new motto

"Buy once - cry once" .. for some reason I have never heard that one before. It is so very true.

Being prone to extreme bouts of overanalysis on nearly every mod or upgrade I consider; I need to keep this in mind always. :D

Baitis - so what didya spend the 3K on??

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so did you get the corbin seat i have one and love it!! Can ride for hours with this seat. I got the dual touring seat with the drivers backrest. Most of these guys hung up on the mustang seat here. The corbin is a much nicer looking seat for sure with the stitching and studs and i do think you may ride a little lower. And thats all i have to say about that
Yeah, I got it. In fact I'm headed out on my first long trip (about 1100 mi.) today. I got the dual tour, too. I wanted a tan seat for my black bike. Sort of an "Indian" look (now I need whitewalls! Uh oh, I feel another cry coming on). Sergio at Corbin advised me that the Indian Brown was discontinued and the tan they had was very light and might not look good on a black bike. We settled on Tan Gator (a faux alligator print). I was a little worried it would look a little gaudy. It turned out great! Got the stitching, the studs, and a V-rail. Corbin does this at no extra charge (not the V-rail).

I can't say enough good things about the seat or the customer service at Corbin. Their prices are a little high, but long after the sting of the price is gone I'll still have this kick-ass (hah!) seat to ride around on.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
And so it begins..............

·
Registered
657 Posts
It's not just a bike...It's your ride!!! I swore I'd stay as stock as possible (yeah...right!!)... about $1200 ago and the insanity hasn't stopped yet, but boy am I ever having a blast with all the farkling I'm doing. On Oct 13th, I'm having a Russell Day-Long done (riding up there early in the morning from the Sacred tomato for a ride-in appt)...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lol bought my bike 3 days ago and (I was thinking) it's going to stay stock dang it!

Not really... already spent about $400 on this and that... radiator grill, new grips, headlight bulb...haha...

I can see the addiction coming already. :D

Love the bike, though, and 100% happy that I went cruiser instead of sportbike.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I was going to keep mine stock for a while also....$300+ for a National Cycle windshield and mounting brackets before I left the dealership. :rolleyes: Wow, that didn't last long! Then I added a backrest and luggage rack before before the first payment was due. Hello, my name is Zig and I have a problem:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my bike, my first, as a present from the hubby. I kept saying I am leaving it stock, but after my first rally this weekend in CC, Tx, I have to admit, I am changing my mind!

First on the list.... saddlebags...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts