Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Im a new member to the forums but have been reading your posts for a couple weeks now. I took my msf course 3 weeks ago and passed. Just got my M endorsement saturday and im ready to buy. Was looking at the hd1200c, vstar 950, and the vulcan 900 classic LT. I like the vulcan and vstar but do like the vulcan more. I feel im getting more for my money and the vulcan felt best to me. Now i have a dentist bill of $1400 that went to a collection company. Which is causing me finance problems. I can afford it but have that collection stopping me from getting approved for financing at one dealer. Prices or dealer suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hmm. Not sure what kind of suggestions you're looking for, but I've found that the medical community means business when you owe them $$. My first suggestion would be to get that dentist bill cleared up. It's going to cause you nothing but trouble. Next time you need that dentist, you're liable to find that he wants cash up front.

Any way, I haven't ridden one, but I rode with a VStar 950 a few weeks back. Nice looking bike. Nice sound. But I still prefer my VN900. But the VStar would be a good alternative if you're sold on Air Cooled Engines.

I find it interesting that Kawi replaced their 800 with the 900, but Yami replaced their 1100 with the 950. Not sure what that means, but it's interesting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah i definitely am planning on paying that cuz its hurting me bad right now. I just was hoping i could get financing and make payments on both. Guess the vn900 can wait til i do some credit repair.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I also got turned down by the dealer and thats because of a vehicle I cosigned for and got stuck with it and fell behind on the payment, anyways that cleared up and lesson learned! If I may suggest, If you have a bank with a good track record with go see if they'll lend you the money...thats what I did!

I can't answer for the vstar but as far as the HD1200 I would take my 9 over it any day. I have a 09 classic LT I bought new in may of 09 and I just turned 25k on her and she hasn't gave me any problems at all. I love my 9 but i would like to go up to a 1700 nomad, it has more to offer! If you get a 9, you won't be disappointed but you might want to think about buying a aftermarket seat cause the stock seat sucks! Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Personally I would deal with the dental debt first and save up some money so you can buy a bike in cash so you don't have to worry about owing somebody else money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Youre right i should just pay that first. Lets see if i just wait and save thats $250 a month thats $3000 a year. At that rate i can buy it in 3 years! Yes thats sounds like a much better idea.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm not going to get into what you should do credit wise.

But, I am going to point out that as a "entry" level bike, some purchasers of our favorite bikes (VN900) find that they do not use it that much for one reason or another.

Thus, there are a few available that are 2-3 years old or so, with not a lot of miles, that are for sale for a good value.

·
Registered
430 Posts
LoL that guy wants gold or silver for that bike... LoL

"clear out the jewelry box and get a bike"

i think it's hilarious

yeah but, i got denied a couple of times before i was approved for a loan on my 900 Custom. i paid all my bills on time and always above the minimum payments and in a couple of years got my credit score up. now i only have my AMEX and student loan to pay off... oh and HSBC for lending me the moolah for my Custom.

my advice is be responsible and patient. motorcycles aren't going extinct so they'll be around when you're ready.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Buy used and pay w/ cash...costs less and you don't have to worry about being approved for financing. On your scenario above, that means you'd only have to wait a year-and-a-half to get a $4500 bike (which translates to a Vulcan that's only two/three years old)...which put you right at the beginning of riding season in 2013.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Youre right i should just pay that first. Lets see if i just wait and save thats $250 a month thats $3000 a year. At that rate i can buy it in 3 years! Yes thats sounds like a much better idea.
Used to run a huge debt recovery agency (collection agency). If the debt is currently with a collection agency, talk to them and talk of hard times and ask for a one time settlement amount. I assume they listed it on the credit bureau as an open collection. Once paid, they will mark it as a paid collection but it will still be there. They dont tell you this. Try and make a deal to pay it but they must remove it from your credit file. If they refuse, try contacting the dentist and tell him of your hard times but how you want to pay him and perhaps he can pressure the agency to remove it. You may be successful or not here, the laws are very different state to state. My experience was in WI.

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts