Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Vulcan 800 Classic (Bobber), I bought it trashed out and after working through a lot of issues found that the ignition switch was trashed. I bought a 2 prong toggle switch and connected all the wires and everything turns on but I am not getting a spark on my plugs. I did notice a resistor on the inside of the ignition switch, would I have to incorporate that somehow? Could that be there reason I am not getting a spark?

· Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2005 Vulcan 800 Classic (Bobber), I bought it trashed out and after working through a lot of issues found that the ignition switch was trashed. I bought a 2 prong toggle switch and connected all the wires and everything turns on but I am not getting a spark on my plugs. I did notice a resistor on the inside of the ignition switch, would I have to incorporate that somehow? Could that be there reason I am not getting a spark?
What is the amp rating of the switch you used?

· Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
Is anyone out their
This is a bit of an old thread. If you have a question or need help with something, you may want to start a new thread with the information pertaining to your problem.

· Registered
05 Vulcan 800VNA
29 Posts
Do you still need help with this?
I do. I've a vn800 from 2000. I lost my key. What's the best alternative? I've got an alarm to hook up to it. Can't 8 bypass the need for the key? Say, a toggle switch to ??? which wires to be able to start it and ride?!?
same I’m going with push button but I’m stuck on grey wire

1 - 20 of 24 Posts