Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago i laid my bike over, then after that it wouldnt start due to no spark. took it to the shop and they found out that the culprate is that some ignition wires are tied into my rear brake light harness. they tied the wires together (red/Blue) and i was then getting the spark i needed to start but now my rear break light is always on even though they are soldered into the other red and blue wires in the harness. help!

also put 4 LED strips for blinkers on my bike and when i turn one direction they all turn on. is that a flasher relay issue or whats the fix for that??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know thats what im thinking but its not. its tied into my rear lighting for some reason and i dont know why. your rear lighting has a connector to your main harness. part of that lighting harness for some reason is that my igniter is tied into it. Just wondering if someone has ever had this same issue or if im the only one.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Had my brake light stay on because rear brake switch needed adjusted, may check that. As for the turn signals, the only have 1 indicater, so they probably are feeding back through it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive checked that but ill take it apart and see if that is the culprate. when i didnt have to red and blue tied together my lights worked but my bike wouldnt start. idk its a funky thing. as for the tail lights ill just order an LED switch flasher relay and see if that fixs that. these are the only things keeping me from registering my bike.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
If your ignitor is tied into the tail light circuit, you have more issues than the signals.

Is this something you want to repair, or???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it is, im not worried about the signals at this time but yeah its something i need fixed to get registered, and i do a lot of freeway riding and so for a safety factor it would be nice to have it be working properly.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
1. What year is the bike?
2. How many miles?
3. How long have you owned?
4. Any modifications/add-ons?
5. Did you attempt to repair the no-spark condition before taking to the shop?
6. What damage/repairs were done when it was laid down?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1: 97
2: 28K
3: 6 months
4: straight pipes, Biltwell bars girps and throttle, bobber seat sissy bar. (nothing mechanical)
5: the first time i took it to the shop they diagnosed it and said it was my CDI. i ordered a new one changed it out still nothing so they switched out my spark cables and tracked down that wiring issue and got it starting.
6: small dent in the tank. I did break my rear break lever, and broken handlebars. thats really it

i don't think its the actuator thingy on my break pedal just cause it works when the red and blue wire are not connected together in my rear wiring harness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts