Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm having trouble I am building a keyless ignition system that will bypass the key problem being is I cannot figure which wires need to be connected for everything to work I've successfully done this before but not on a Vulcan can anyone help?
It's on a 2009 Vulcan custom

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I'd think an electrical schematic would tell you what you need to know. I'd be surprised if you could not find a Service Manual or the schematic itself on the Internet.

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Ask your questions in the engine CC size of your bike forum where other owners can assist you as not
all read the new intro section.

Please fill in your profile to include your bike/location info and that
is easier using a PC vs the app. This will help others answer questions you may ask knowing what year and model bike you have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd think an electrical schematic would tell you what you need to know. I'd be surprised if you could not find a Service Manual or the schematic itself on the Internet.
I have been able to find both I've connected the wires that turning the key does which will turn my bike on but will not power the fuel pump

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Does turning the key "on" normally cause the fuel pump to run on that bike? If so, then it would seem there is more to it than just the two wires you've identified. And, yes, that is a statement of the obvious but that's the point of the schematic/service manual.

What does the schematic (or maybe theory of operation in service manual??) say is necessary for the pump to run?

For example, I'm pretty sure on my VN2K, in addition to the ignition switch "on", the switch on the RH grip assy must also be in the Run position.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is this a Vulcan 900 Custom? (Same bike as me)
Is it your bike?

If I understand you correctly:
The Keyed Ignition works fine.
Your attempt to connect up the wires to bypass it is not working.
Is that correct?

Are you using a button or switch or what?
We can probably help with the wiring?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this a Vulcan 900 Custom? (Same bike as me)

Is it your bike?

If I understand you correctly:

The Keyed Ignition works fine.

Your attempt to connect up the wires to bypass it is not working.

Is that correct?

Are you using a button or switch or what?

We can probably help with the wiring?
Yes 900 custom and yes it is my bike and yes keyed ignition works fine what I am trying to use is a switch that works by me walking up to the bike a lot like newer cars with keyless start

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts