Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
A dirt bike or ATV. The 900 does everything i want it to on the street.

·
Registered
146 Posts
1500 Drifter (I love the look. I find you either love it or hate it) that way I would have a classic looking cruiser and a vintage looking one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good question. With the way the 900 works I am pretty sure I would stay brand loyal and possibly go with the 1700 at least. Well maybe the 2000. Why? Mainly because of the dependability and looks of the classics. They are just a sharp all around good looking bike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hopefully, my next bike will be my dad's '97 Honda Valkyrie. He just bought a new Goldwing and really doesn't _need_ the Valk anymore, but my dad keeps 2 of everything, so it might be hard to talk him out of it.

Why the Valkyrie? Big and fun to ride...nice and comfortable for a long ride, plus luggage to keep stuff in and a big old windshield to keep bugs out of my teeth....basically, its everything that my 900 Custom isn't, but not a bike I'd want to ride every day...that's what the Custom is for! :)

-neil

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I would also be brand loyal. Really like the looks of the 1700 Nomad and Voyager. If I went with something other than Kawasaki, I like some of the bikes that Victory is putting out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I still have my 82 cb750 supersport. Plan on rebuilding the engine hopefully changing us the suspension and just having some fun with it as a project bike.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
^I know someone with a triumph 2300cc ,Dads friend he says it is a screemer,that thing is huge.

I wouldn,t mind haveing another XS 650,they are just fun bikes to ride & fix up.I would big bore one if I ever find another complete bike (cheap) that needs restored.Almost as fast as the 900 probly faster after big bore 750 & all the good stuff to go with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Triumph Speed Triple. A fun naked bike to bomb the canyons on but definitely not a daily driver or long distance bike which my 900 does perfectly. Love the 900 but would enjoy something completely unnecessary, slightly uncomfortable, oh and really fast!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Going to step out on the edge since this is the Vulcan fourm. I would go with the new for 2010 Victory Cross Country. I love the 900 SE Custom, but if we (including my wife) wanted to do some cross country travels I think the Victory would be more comfortable for the long haul.

Know just have to start saving, so we'll have both when I put in the retirement letter with Uncle Sam.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
This is an interesting question. Not one HD was in this thread. So I'll start. I would like as a second scoot a Harley RoadKing or SoftTail. The mystique of the HD is starting to weigh on me.
I attended a charity run a few weeks ago and out of the 500 bikes there over 70% were Harleys and alot of Vulcans.
Five out of the 10 people I ride with own HD. I guess I'll have to start playing the Lottery cause the Dang bikes are soooo expensive. :eek:

·
Registered
263 Posts
1700 Voyager or HD Road Glide. Love the big Vulcan, everything that the HD is not. Just as much bike for allot less money. I am not an HD fanatic, nor am I trying to make my 900 an HD. But if money was no option, HD has some super nice Custom upgrades that make the Road Glide a keeper.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
05 Kawasaki ZRX 1200 R , I almost bought one last year. I will have one.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts