Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And can hold on for a little longer, we may have a good aftermarket option.

I have a 2011 Nomad 1700 and have noticed there were no good after market options. Cobra and other reputable after market products were not made for this year. The frustration is the Kawi bar is over $400 but I wasn't willing to buy the $59 junk on ebay.

On another forum I noticed a lot of guys buying light bars from a forum member who custom makes them. Very nice looking light bar made to fit the specific model. I went to his website and neither did he have one for the 2011 1700 Nomad. After a few emails back and forth he has decided to manufacture one.

He just sent me notice over the weekend that design was finished and he is sending it to be milled. I am very excited about this option as his work looks top notch and is verified by many. Yet his prices are very reasonable compared to Kawi bars. He hasn't set a price but I would imagine it will be closely inline with his other products.

Anyway, all this to say I plan to get one from him when he is ready to sell. I will be sure to post pics with order and price info if everything works out. The reason I am posting this now is too many times in my life I have bought something, paying more than I prefer, only to discover a better deal a few days or weeks later.

I don't know him personally and will get no commission on anything that sells here. I am just very impressed with his communication and willingness to provide a product that is hard to find.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Wayfarer;

Thanks for the heads up. I have a '09 1700 Classic with the KQR windshield and would be interested in seeing if this light bar would fit. Seems the Classic is like the red headed step-child and isn't included in much of the after market parts. I guess it's what happens when you don't sell so many of them to have a big market. It looks like the Nomad light bar would fit my Classic, it would be good to have a possible source for one.

Thanks again for the info. Looking forward to what you find out...

WEG

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
The Classic and Nomad have the exact same front end. So anything that fits the Nomad will fit the Classic.

I have several parts, Lightbar, Fairing and such...that we labeled as Nomad.

Luckily I have a friend with a Nomad and was able to compare to make sure.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi CK

Thanks for confirming that. I did see that the Classic/classic LT/Nomad have the same p/n lightbar and the instruction sheet calls out all three models.
Good to know the Nomad and Classic models share the same front end.

Regards,
WEG

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem with the nomad is the stock windshield and lowers keep most light bars from fitting. Classic doesn't have that problem.

·
265 Posts
The classic LT and Nomad have the additional mounting parts for the windshield...which can indeed interfere with the lightbar, though only if the signal lights are mounted below the spotlights.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Connecting the Kawasaki Light bar was very simple. Everything is included on the bar to include new turn signals so it was just two bolts and connect to the accessory connections inside the headlight.

You should be able to find Kawasaki lightbars from 20 to 25% off MSRP if you search online.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Problem with the nomad is the stock windshield and lowers keep most light bars from fitting. Classic doesn't have that problem.
wf, itsa diff bike butt never did like lite bars. i put a pair of off road 4x4 lamps on my roll bars. does the trik. poncho

Attachments

·
265 Posts
I put on the Cobra lightbar, which (at least for this model) has the signals mounted below the spotlights. This did not allow the OEM lowers to fit anymore, so I had to get some extension brackets fabricated and chromed to push them further down.

I believe that the OEM lightbar has them to the side of the spotlights. So any lightbar with them to the sides should work fine with the OEM lowers.

·
Registered
669 Posts
"...a forum member who custom makes them"

Joe "Chuckster" Norris? Or is it remaining a secret for the time being?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts