Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I was cleaning my Kawasaki Vulcan s 650 and by accident I moved or turn the idle speed and I notices that the bike got slow out no where. I try to move it back clockwise and to try to adjust the rpm back but still slow. If that happens to anyone?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I dont have a 650, but I'm guessing since this is a fuel injected bike that there is no idle speed screw to set.
You pumped something else.

Post a picture - it will help a lot.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
The idle speed is electronically controlled and decreases RPM as soon as motorcycle warms up. Exactly what did you do? Knowing this could help for members assist you in resolving the problem. Posting a photo would help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont have a 650, but I'm guessing since this is a fuel injected bike that there is no idle speed screw to set.
Fuel injected doesn't matter. FI adds fuel to match airflow. Airflow is controlled by the throttle. Throttle is controlled by the cable and by the throttle adjustment stop.

Something with electronic throttle control might not need an idle screw. The Vulcan S, on the other hand, definitely still has a cable throttle and a throttle screw. I've adjusted it myself.

I forget exactly where but it pretty obvious if you know where you're looking (specifically, in around the throttle bodies, I think on the right hand side, with some kind of finger-operable head on it).

·
Registered
897 Posts
You can indeed adjust the Vulcan S idle.
Here's a picture of the idle adjustment screw.
There's a thumb screw with a spring and a brass lock nut.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts