Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has ever messed with the idle control knob on the 900 to lower the idle sound. Does this have any adverse affect when your out driving?

PB

·
Registered
40 Posts
Idle adjustment

I've tweaked mine. At around 600 miles I found my idle speed had dropped a bit. I tweaked it up but with no tach on the bike I don't know know exactly what rpm it is set at. I just bumped it up a bit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
According to the shop manual idle speed should be checked at 600 miles and then at 7500 miles intervals and it should be set at 1000 + or - 50 rpm. Mine was obviously too high when I drove it home so I adjusted it down. It may be a little low now but it's where I like it. I have an automotive meter with a tach on it but I have not gone looking for a tach connection yet. The idle speed adjustment only affects the bike at idle. If you set at idle a lot then you could have problems. I don't think you can hurt much though unless you turn the idle way down and your gas milage will suffer if it's up too high. Remember if you are going to adjust it too let the bike warm up well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts