Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to make adjustments to the idle speed on my Vulcan 900 but haven't found any video's on how to do it. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah use the little knob on RH side. Should be around 1000rpm when warm/hot. Ignore trying to get the HD potato in a tin bucket sound. It's not good for the bike & it won't sound right anyway.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Without a tach let your engine warm up completely. Then set your idle so you have 13.2-13.4 volts charging at the battery.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
my 2006 900 classic had a stalling issue,as stated above there is a little knob by the air filter,adjusted mine up a little,no issues since.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
LOTS of people like the rumbling sound of setting the idle low but, as has been mentioned, it's not good for the bike. If you don't have a tach, the best way I can describe it is quick enough that you can't easily count the rev's anymore. It's not a long-stroke big-twin. 950~1050 RPM's (the ideal rev range at idle) is relatively brisk sounding.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
When I bought mine the FI-light on the dash (Fault Indicator not to be confused with Fuel Injection), was on at idle. Would turn off as soon a throttle was turned. Bumped up the idle speed and it went away. As everyone has said, this is due to low oil psi from P.O. wanting that low rumble sound I am sure. Not good for the motor obviously.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts