Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidently found out that I can lower my idle RPM today! How cool! I was trying to reset my trip odometer and accidently figured it out. Pretty cool.

What do you run yours at? I have mine set for the lowest . . -100rpm.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I accidently found out that I can lower my idle RPM today! How cool! I was trying to reset my trip odometer and accidently figured it out. Pretty cool.

I have mine set at 0 at the moment but will probably go to the lowest setting when I get my V&H pro pipe installed.

·
Registered
851 Posts

When I was trying to change my mpg from UK to USA I accidentally came across it too and thought that was cool as hell. I went to show the father inlaw another thing my Vaquero can do that his Harley can't and couldn't get back into it. I didn't know how I did it! lol!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anybody have any idea about how low the idle should be set without having an adverse affect on the engine? Yamaha discouraged people from lowering the idle on the RoadStar below factory settings because of low oil pressure at idle. It would be interesting to see if Kawi has similar concerns or if we can just lower away!:confused:

·
Registered
112 Posts
The owners manual is full of little tips and tricks for the cruise control, radio, etc... even the idle adjustment can be found in there, yes. Might be surprised some of the neat things that can be done, like turning off the main speakers if you use helmet speakers, or just leave them on to add a little depth to the music as I do.

enjoy and stay safe!

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
My bike is injected. When the PO lowered the idle it caused the computer to fight the throttle. It popped back fired and ran like crap. Did everything I could to fix it, including pulling the gas tank. I finally gave up and took it to the shop and found out the idle was set too low.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The owners manual is full of little tips and tricks for the cruise control, radio, etc... even the idle adjustment can be found in there, yes. Might be surprised some of the neat things that can be done, like turning off the main speakers if you use helmet speakers, or just leave them on to add a little depth to the music as I do.

enjoy and stay safe!
I agree. It is amazing what one might find if they just read the manual. We create all kinds of manuals at my workplace and I love to say. "it's in the manual" when someone asks a question. Of course I don't do that to a superior, often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts