Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My sister gave me this bike. It ran when she parked it. It's been a couple years.

I have not taken possession of the bike yet to give it a good once over.

Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
My sister gave me this bike./QUOTE]

Does your sister need any more brothers? 馃榿

Beautiful bike! Get ahold of the service manual and change all the fluids and perform recommended maintenance based on mileage and time. You will be on the road in no time. Ride safely!

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. Nice looking bike. The only thing better than a new ride is a free new ride. Because it sat for a while, will need to check the fuel tank for rust. If there is rust will need to remove the tank and clean the rust out. There are many procedures on Google. There is a lot of maintenance to perform on this bike. Check battery age and load test. They do load tests for free at the auto parts stores. Make sure battery is fully charged before testing and go to a couple of stores to get a second opinion. If the bike needs a new one, buy a good AGM. Change oil and filter, change spark plugs, flush brake system and check hoses, change coolant and check hoses, check fuel and vacuum hoses, check and adjust drive belt, tires if over 5 years old (regardless of condition), check air filter, lube all cables, spray all switches with electrical cleaner/lubricant, and more. To check tire age, look at embossed the 4 digit DOT number on the sidewall. First two digits are the week and the second two are the year of manufacture. Here is a link to an online factory repair manual to find out what else is needed and the procedures to perform the maintenance. Also put a whole can of Seafoam in the fuel tank, use motorcycle specific oil, use iridium spark plugs if available, and buy the proper tool to adjust the drive belt. (10lb belt tension gauge available on the internet). Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I like that service manual link. Is there something more in depth on the carburetors?

Right now what i plan for the bike is to get it mechanically sound, and refurbish all it's parts (rust removal, buffing, polish, etc) I'll probably not change the way the bike basically looks right now.

Registered
My sister gave me this bike. It ran when she parked it. It's been a couple years.

View attachment 246540
What a beauty! I have a 2019 Classic 900 LT with what appears to be the same colors, just opposit trim (Mine is blue where yours is silver). I second what everyone has told you except this: If you don't have experience doing the work yourself, have the big stuff done by a pro. It can save you time and frustration (and money) to do that. Enjoy!

Registered

View attachment 246540
Jesus, that is a sweet ride. I was just given one as well, a 鈥95. What year is that? I鈥檓 looking to swap out the item seat with one like that or Mustang type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts