Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really dnt like the way the front of the handle bars look on my custom, its to tall,, i would really want these ,,, do u know where i can get them ,, i dunno how this guy did it . any suggestions plz thank u

·
Registered
34 Posts
In that pic it looks like someone just took the mounts and bar from a classic and bolted them on a custom. It is just that easy...you just need some handlebar mounts from the classic. They are a more traditional mount that clamp a specific size bar, as opposed to the custom handlebars that bolt directly to the forks.

-RW

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looking at the picture, I think Rolling is right... they look like they are the beach bars from the 900 classic. It is really simple to do, and you should be able to get them really cheap from any Kawi dealer. Also, you could just google "Beach Bars" or check out any motorcycle website and you should be able to get what you are looking for.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys ,, yeah im looking at ebay right now. do u think they will do this conversion at a kawi dealership

·
Registered
34 Posts
thank you guys ,, yeah im looking at ebay right now. do u think they will do this conversion at a kawi dealership
I'm sure they would. It shouldn't take more than hour for a reasonably competant wrench monkey. Of course that being said, I'm sure I could find a way to make it take 3.

-RW

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
445 Posts
check for sale page here you might fine them there

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you stick with the kawi bars from a classic, I believe you will be fine with the cables that you have. However, your friend is absolutely right...if you go an aftermarket handlebar that is swept waaay back, then you may need longer cables.

-RW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts