Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm not sure if you have the true dual's or the 2 into 1 pipes from FPE, but I know the true dual's are racing pipes and the stock baffles can be a little more than some people would like. They make quiet baffles for them (I have a set) which are considerably quieter. They will run you over $100 and there is a performance loss as they are fairly restrictive....just 1 option to try before you put the stock pipes back on

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I have a set of stock Nomad pipes I would be willing to sell. They would have to be shipped...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, you need to move out of TX so we could do some tradin'! I'd trade my stock Voyager pipes for the 2-1 system.:D

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I have a set of stock Voyager pipes. (2011 Voyager). Just put on V&H twin slash a couple of weeks ago. They are just sitting in my storage unit in the V&H box. Make an offer plus shipping. Can send them out next weekend if you want them

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
If I was in Texas, I'd also be happy to trade. Post a trade request in the Classified, I'm sure someone will connect.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I also have the stock de-baffled pipes from my 2013 voyager just sitting in my garage. You'd probably do better selling the FP pipes and buying quieter pipes. With that said I'll be coming through Dallas in mid July if you wanted to trade. PM if you're interested.

T

·
0 Posts
I have a set of 2011 stock pipes... I will be in Dallas on the 10th of June. Message me.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
or could they be "the Silencer"?

I would like stock back on it or something quieter.
kg,, when you get stockers back on her, then try some ear plugs make a world of diff.. the gun aisle at academy has little red gummy bear bullet shaped plugs.. I call em "lick em and stick em".. they will silence yor world. poncho

·
Registered
79 Posts
stock pipes off my 2014 vaquero, less than 400 miles on them in perfect shape. in washington. make offer

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I am in Fort Worth and have a set of stock pipes off I just took off a '14 Nomad. They were way too quiet for me.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i am in Dallas, Tx. I have Freedom Performance pipes on my 2011 Vaquero. I would like stock back on it or something quieter.
I'm not sure if you still have your FPE pipes, but I tried something today that made a drastic difference in loudness. I peeled off the wire mesh around the bottom (smaller diameter) part of the baffle. I then got a medium sized flat screwdriver and starting at the bottom flared end of the baffle I pried each of the scalloped slots in the baffle open a bit more. All it does is disrupt the air flow a bit more. It really took the sharp bark out of them and they still have a nice low rumble at idle, just something to think about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts