Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a new headlight for my Custom, something that is 7” and that doesn’t cost $300 including any pieces to make it fit. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just bought a headlight off of Ebay for ~$85-90. They look like a Honda VTX copy and they're from Thailand. I asked someone else that bought one and they were happy with the quality of the headlight (I haven't received mine yet). The dimensions are not as the description suggests. I contacted the seller and the actual headlight lens is ~6" dia (probably 5-3/4") , the housing dia is ~7" in front (the widest part is probably 8") and the length is ~10". The following link has some good pictures of headlight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8-Headlight-fits-Cruiser-KAWASAKI-HONDA-YAMAHA-SUZUKI_W0QQitemZ320466066063QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9d441a8f

Search web for pictures of any 2004-2008 Honda VTX 1300C or 1800C ustom if you want an idea of what the headlight may look like installed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just bought a headlight off of Ebay for ~$85-90. They look like a Honda VTX copy and they're from Thailand. I asked someone else that bought one and they were happy with the quality of the headlight (I haven't received mine yet). The dimensions are not as the description suggests. I contacted the seller and the actual headlight lens is ~6" dia (probably 5-3/4") , the housing dia is ~7" in front (the widest part is probably 8") and the length is ~10". The following link has some good pictures of headlight:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8-Headlight-fits-Cruiser-KAWASAKI-HONDA-YAMAHA-SUZUKI_W0QQitemZ320466066063QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9d441a8f

Search web for pictures of any 2004-2008 Honda VTX 1300C or 1800C ustom if you want an idea of what the headlight may look like installed.
for the price that is interesting. let me know what you think when you get it. do you know if the regular VTX headlight is metal or plastic?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I seem to remember someone selling a used VTX headlight on Ebay and I thought he said it was plastic.
I won't get mine for 2-4 weeks, it's shipped from Thailand. I'll probably forget, if your still interested drop me a message in 3-4 weeks or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts