Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made a few posts regarding my 2009 Vulcan 1700 Classic. the problem I am having is my bike pops on deceleration and I cant figure out why. I am an automobile mechanic and we also service motorcycles at our shop so i am not a stranger to working on these things. My bike has a set of cobra speedster longs, Cobra Fi2000 fuel processor and a Thunder tornado intake. The bike runs very well other than the decel pop. I have tried tuning the processor and havent really found a sweet spot so it is at the settings that it came at which is 4.5, 4.5, and 0. The are no exhaust leaks, i have checked several times and also have replaced the exhaust gaskets twice just to be on the safe side. The fresh air line from the intake is now plugged because of the intake kit so. I pulled the fuel tank off so I could remove the spark plugs so I could see if it was running rich or lean and the plugs were in my opinion perfect in color, a light tannish color. I am out of ideas and if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. I have also heard this seems to be a problem on 2009 models only. I have had other motorcycles in the past with the same types of upgrades and you would get a pop here and there but nothing like this bike. It is just frustrating that i cant seen to figure this out Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Pm sent

RACNRAY

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts