Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm going to try my best to describe what I'm talking about. I had Vulcan leather bags on, and decided to remove them.

However, with them removed, I have long bolts sticking out of them - am I missing something? Am I supposed to just flip them around so that they're flush? Or do they require a different set of bolts? I got this bike from my dad and he's never had it without the bags - he got them installed new from the dealer. Any help would be appreciated. I will get pics later - thanks!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Bloody;

I have a 1700 Classic...
My dealer bags were mounted to a mounting bracket that attached to the fender with longer bolts. If yours is like that, go to a parts list and look up the bolts you need on the Classic (came without bags).

WEG

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured. Was wondering if anyone had the part number. I'll try my best Google-Fu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Guessing you all are millenials...

What happened to just taking a long bolt to a hardware store? Buy stainless or chrome. Will be cheaper than anything from Ma Kaw...
That's what us old folks would do...

·
Registered
377 Posts
GGB

I only wish I was... I turned 70 this Spring and bought myself an F6B to keep the V1700 company.
After finding out just what bolts Ma Kaw uses he probably can get them locally, his choice.

Ride safe,
WEG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts