Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go with pulley's .Then you dont have to get into the engine. I changed both front and rear in about 2 hours and was back on the road, also fixed the speedo. before new pulley's my speedo was 8 mph off. now 4th gear is like the old 5th gear. no more searching for another gear. No need to change the belt everything fits like stock. I have 2500 on the new setup and love it. Kawi should set the bike up this way to begin with. Just call Myron 1-701-321-9008 he is great to work with very fast shipper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
V2K Pulleys

The front pulley has one less tooth, the back pulley has two less teeth. the guys name is Myron here is his phone number 701-321-9008 give him a call.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Actually the front pulley has one more tooth and I just got a set from Myron and he was great to deal with. Best investment yet for my V2K...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes you are right . Sorry its been one of those days, actually monday all week. I agree until I got the pulleys from Myron I was ready to sell my V2K, Now its like a new bike. freeway cruising is awesome no more handle bar vibration at 75 mph. The other recommendation from Myron was to change the rear tire to a Dunlop E3 180 70 R 16 I was ready for a new tire so I made the change. What a difference the bike loves to corner now and believe me I do alot of mountain driving and cornering is not what this bike liked to do until I changed the tire... By the way this is Myrons 3rd tire and he gets 10,000 miles per rear tire.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go with pulley's .Then you dont have to get into the engine. I changed both front and rear in about 2 hours and was back on the road, also fixed the speedo. before new pulley's my speedo was 8 mph off. now 4th gear is like the old 5th gear. no more searching for another gear. No need to change the belt everything fits like stock. I have 2500 on the new setup and love it. Kawi should set the bike up this way to begin with. Just call Myron 1-701-321-9008 he is great to work with very fast shipper.
What is the price for both?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Myron is no longer involed in motorcycle parts.

Rear pulleys are no longer available, Bare has the front 33 tooth pulleys on Ebay Item number: 320751298562
Thank you so much for the ebay # just what I was looking for! Guess what Santa is bringing me for Christmas? Thanks again dude,, you rock!!!!

Curmudgeonly yours,
Curmudgeonry

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone have the part #s for the euro gears to get me more top end at lower rpms ?
If still interested, here are the part #'s. I also went with a pully change for ease of not tearing into the engine.
Euro Gears Info

P/N: #16085-0027 - 44t gear
P/N: #16085-0033 - 48t gear
P/N: #11061-0017 -gasket
P/N: #11061-0018 - gasket

Total cost is about $200 USD

·
Registered
616 Posts
pulley

If still interested, here are the part #'s. I also went with a pully change for ease of not tearing into the engine.
Euro Gears Info

P/N: #16085-0027 - 44t gear
P/N: #16085-0033 - 48t gear
P/N: #11061-0017 -gasket
P/N: #11061-0018 - gasket

Total cost is about $200 USD

Question?, when you changed out the pulley, did that do anything to relieve the belt "chirp" , which seems rather common.

·
Registered
616 Posts
chirp

Belt chirp or squeek is caused only by belt not beinng adjusted properly IE: TOO LOOSE OR TOO TIGHT.
BARE :D
Belt tension is not the only factor, Alignment is an issue as well , plus Dust on the drive pulley can be a factor. Worn belts, pulley's etc etc as well.

I would like to know which upgrades include a larger dia DRIVE pulley?? I can find 33 tooth & 34 T , rather than diff size driven pulley. The "chirp" actually comes from the belt "teeth" scrubbing the cogs in the small dia drive pulley . The belt teeth flex dramatically around that small diameter pulley, scrub through the valley area of each cog, & the only way to prevent chirp is to actually over tighten the belt , beyond what it needs to be . If the belt were flexing around a larger diameter drive pulley it would not "scrub" the pulley teeth as much & allow for less tension, relieving pressure on the rear pulley hub bearing{04 -06} & bearing's , {plural} -07 & up!

Let me add, IMHO !!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Belt chirp or squeek is caused only by belt not beinng adjusted properly IE: TOO LOOSE OR TOO TIGHT.
BARE :D
Thanks dude for the heads up on the 33 tooth, I bought one from you, came pronto, thanks again. I'm also going the do the Euro 44-48 trans gears. I don't know what the exact changes will total out to, but I figure it got to reduce the cruise revs quite a bit. Does anyone have this combo? I also understand that going to a 180/70 16 rear tire will give you better handling and more reduction in revs. Have any tips on belt adjustment?

·
Registered
43 Posts
try www.babbittsonline.com both gears n gaskets for $220. ~10% rpm reduction. similar mph improvement.
Thanks Ponch for the heads up on the gears, can you give me an idea what change in total % would be with the 44/48's, 33 front pulley, stock rear pulley, stock tire 200 60 16? Some examples of comparison would be nice, "stock rpm\mph vs. new combo rpm\mph. I never ask more of a man than I know he is capable of handling!!!!! I also know that you are about the science of it all and can't wait for your candid reply! Hey,, what's up with the speedo pick up shim post gear change?

Thanks again,
Your Pal,
Curmudgeonry alias "Lefty"

Poncho was a bandit boy, his horse was fast as polished steel, he wore his gun outside his pants, for all the honest world to feel!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts