Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Wompus Rack made for my 1700 Classic. It's a solid powder-coated rack. I need to find a decent trunk with a passenger backrest that I can mount. Any suggestions? I am wary of ebay stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Givi hard trunk 50L has an optional backrest pad that screws into the trunk. I used one on the Yamaha GTS 1000 I used to have worked OK. Not cheap but it is one solution.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I grabbed a used HD tour pack off of ebay. They are well made and easy to mount and have lots of options.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just saw one of those HD tour trunk (new) on the Baltimore CL for 200 bucks that comes with a back rest.Too bad WolfMicheal lives in CO.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Black Motorcycle Trunk Luggage Tail Box Tour Trunk with Top Rack and Back Rest | eBay

Tried to look it up in my purchase history but couldn't find it but this link looks like the one I bought
US $44.95 even a cheaper price than I remembered.

Pretty Nice for the price! The listing indicates that it would fit on my Nomad but I am not sure how since it appears the existing back rest/sissy bar would get in the way of the trunk pad. Did you make any modifications to make it fit on yours?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Pretty Nice for the price! The listing indicates that it would fit on my Nomad but I am not sure how since it appears the existing back rest/sissy bar would get in the way of the trunk pad. Did you make any modifications to make it fit on yours?
Yes they will get in the way. I took my back rest/sissybar off and put on a luggage rack and mounted the trunk on it.

Also the trunk came with the luggage rack you see on top of the box.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts